Skip to content

Looking for an Idiots guide to creating your own items

MoaanMoaan Member Posts: 17
edited December 2013 in General Modding
Hi guys,

I have created my own item via Cromwell's Smithy (http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/IEmodding/index.php) only to find out that I can't import the .itm file into my bg2 ee save game. I have read that it is supposed to be somehow possible with WeiDU, but this is just kinda over my head. Could someone give some instructions as how to do this, or (I would prefer instructions to learn for myself, and others) do it for me? Item file is attached as .txt (rename to .itm). To detail: I created a "Robe of Kangaxx", which sets Base AC to 6, increases casting speed by 2, grants immunity to imprisonment/Maze, normal weapons, poison and disease, +1 to saving throws and 10% MR.

Thanks in advance,

Moaan

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    This tutorial explains how to install your item in game using WeiDU.
  • MoaanMoaan Member Posts: 17
    Thanks, man, it worked :)
  • MoaanMoaan Member Posts: 17
    edited December 2013
    Ok, so I got the file to install and could CLUAConsole the item into my inventory. I have but two more problems: Firstly, to protect the wearer of the robe from Maze and Imprisonment spells, I need the strings of those two spells, but I do not know how to get those, or what they are. Secondly, does anyone know how to make those dashes in BG2 items? I tried alt+ 0151, -- and -, and nothing works.

Thanks in advance,

Moaan
    Post edited by Moaan on