Skip to content

Limited Wish Quest

İs the quest still in the game?
I have 19 Int and 12 Wis. Used a Pot and made my Wis 18 and didn't get the quest.

Comments

• MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Have you killed the party in Delosar's Inn? You need them alive to complete the quest so the option may not appear if you've killed them.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I had the option appear even when I had killed them. I need to spawn the leader in with the console. =/

But yes, it is definitely in the game.
  • NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60
    Mitchfork said:

Have you killed the party in Delosar's Inn? You need them alive to complete the quest so the option may not appear if you've killed them.

I did kill them :S
    Thanks!

I had the option appear even when I had killed them. I need to spawn the leader in with the console. =/

How do you spawn the leader?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    Naastriil said:

How do you spawn the leader?
    Using the console, C:CreateCreature("LoutCaptCre")

And you'll probably want to do it in Delosar's Inn where you killed him, just to avoid any potential weirdness.
  • pandemonium147pandemonium147 Member Posts: 2
    i am not getting the adventure option from the genie. i have killed capt dennis. tried to get the quest after spawn capt at the inn... still cant get the adventure option...
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Are you clicking on the one time wish or repeatable wish or checking both menus?
    I tried the quest in a new game. All I had to do was not to kill the cap. However I think killing him gives more xp and gold rather then whole quest.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Nice to see some kind of penalty for gratuitous bloodthirstiness! :)
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Yeah I couldn't get it either but already have the dagger so I gave up trying.
  • pandemonium147pandemonium147 Member Posts: 2
    i tried both menus
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I suspect there is a 'Captain Dennis dead' variable somewhere. If it's set to true then no quest option.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2014
    decado said:

I suspect there is a 'Captain Dennis dead' variable somewhere. If it's set to true then no quest option.

Yep, the image under the spoiler tag is from vanilla, but I don't think this has been changed in the EE. As you can see, the dialogue option for the Limited Wish Quest is not supposed to show at all if Captain Dennis is dead.

Edit: The following CLUA console commands could work (untested) to get the quest if Captain Dennis has been killed:

C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADDENNIS","GLOBAL",0)
    C:CreateCreature("LOUTCAPT.CRE")

• kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Can someone test this? I guess I won't mind some more experience before Suldanesslar after WK if this works...
  • QayinQayin Member Posts: 29
    Erg said:

decado said:

Yep, the image under the spoiler tag is from vanilla, but I don't think this has been changed in the EE. As you can see, the dialogue option for the Limited Wish Quest is not supposed to show at all if Captain Dennis is dead.

Edit: The following CLUA console commands could work (untested) to get the quest if Captain Dennis has been killed:

C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADDENNIS","GLOBAL",0)
    C:CreateCreature("LOUTCAPT.CRE")

tested and it works.
  • maleficentmaleficent Member Posts: 1
    You have to create captain Dennis on the second floor of Delosar's Inn for everything to work just right.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Naastriil said:

I tried the quest in a new game. All I had to do was not to kill the cap. However I think killing him gives more xp and gold rather then whole quest.

completing the captain dennis quest gives WAY more XP than killing his team does

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Is it possible to kill him after the quest?