Skip to content

Hexxat Romance Maybe Bugged [Spoiler]

Hi! Here my problem

I had done all the 3 quests for L, but Hexxat never truly begin a romance with me (a Female Elf), there is something wrong? I must only wait, because the romance trigger after some times her quests?

I am still in the Chapter 3 so no Spellhold for me :D I must only wait? There is something i can? Maybe kick her from the party and rejoin her?

I want a solution without CONSOLE because i am not good with all that console things.

If its really impossible fix that someone can explain me how to use console and fix the problems?

What is the condition for triggin this romance? I really hate using console its seems like to cheat :(

Thank you to all guys that will provide me with help! a +Insight for every solution ;)

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Is you PC good-aligned?
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    @CrevsDaak

No is neutral evil, party reputation --> 8

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Known bug, check workarounds:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24795/workarounds-for-known-problems/p1

I read somewhere that if you don't want to use the console you can kick her from the party and in the "are you sure?" dialog with her flirt and keep her on and get things started. Not verified but I will try it tonight because I sm facing the same problem in my evil party.
    @Skaffen thank you very much! Nice link! Insight for you! I will try myself tonight! Please post in my topic if you have solve your problem!

I will keep also here if i can solve without using console :D
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @Zeratul
    Using the console it's easy, if you can't do that in the other way, send me a PM and I'll teach you (in italiano è più facile spiegartelo :D )
    @Zeratul I really can't help if so, I haven't played BG2:EE much, I'll have to.
    @Skaffen i just test to kick her from party and accept to keep her, but things get not started! I hate it, but i will try to solve this matter via console!

Then its time to drop a pm to @Pibaro :D

@CrevsDaak No problem, this is a matter of console and some tricky trick its not a matter of how much you play bg2ee. But thanks for trying mate :D
    @Zeratul I never enabled console, but I am the worst power gamer scum this side the globe, I'm sure.
    I prefer NearInfinity, the Console is a tricky trickier trick ;)
    @Zeratul Same here, kicked her and now stuck with the stupid casque blocking my CHARNAME's inventory space. Talk about moving in with someone... :).

I'll give it some time though and do a few quests (maybe the 90 real time minutes the workaround mentions) before I escalate to console. I'll post if it works, not tonight though, kids are in bed and wife is calling.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Sadly it's a known bug. If the romance won't start in few days it won't start until you console her.
    @Skaffen For me using the console at least unlock a banter from Hexxat that ask me my background. Then i try to rest for maaaany times (like at least 4-5 days) but no more dialogue from her.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Ok for me I had her die but get stuck as a cloud so I tried to fix that by kicking her but when she asks you if you are sure I had an extra choice flirting with her basically saying that she didn't know what she's been missing but offering her a chance to find out. That set everything else going.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Zeratul said:

For me using the console at least unlock a banter from Hexxat that ask me my background. Then i try to rest for maaaany times (like at least 4-5 days) but no more dialogue from her.

The lovetalks are 90 real-time minutes apart, so resting won't speed it up. You can do the workaround again to skip the waiting though.
    Like going for a tea/coffee or playing BG:EE in iPad :P
    Or just >.<
    Like going for a tea/coffee or playing BG:EE in iPad :P
    Or just >.<
    @Jalily oh well this really help! Yep i can confirm that using the console for starting the romance then after more than hour of real life gameplay (90 minutes + or -) i got another lovetalk from Hexxat.

So for me its pretty safe to say that i have solve my issue.

(But i will wait another 90 minutes of gameplay before say that its all good :P )
    I gave up after the kicking didn't work and consoled it. Now seems to be progressing fine.
  • OldAlephOldAleph Member Posts: 1
    Is there a patch planned that will include this? And will it fix it for people who are already in it or only on new playthroughs?

Ipad player wants to know...
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    According to http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36550/bg2ee-1-3-beta-final-release-question-and-answer/p1 the problems with NPC's will be fixed in the upcoming patch. Can't tell if it requires a new playthrough though.