Skip to content

Getting charachers from BG1:EE iPad to BG2:EE PC (Steam)

I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but a quick search didn't yield me any answers to please bear with me.

Here is my situation; I played through all of BG1 on the iPad (which was great, thanks!) However, I missed the open nature of the PC, so when it was available, I bought BG2:EE on Steam when it was released.

However, I've been left scratching my head on how to let Harry the Hatchet carry on his adventures currently.

On the iPad version, there is a character export function, which creates a character file with the extension .bg1character. The file is less than 1 kB large, which is a bit odd.

When I start up BG2:EE and create a new game, it doesn't recognize the file. At all.

When I make a new character and export it (in BG2:EE), it has a file extension .chr and the file size is about 7 kB. Clearly something is very different between the files I export from the iPad version of BG:EE and the PC version of BG2:EE.

If anyone has successfully done what I'm trying to do or know a method that will work, I'd be very happy to hear about it.

Thanks in advance,
//Joos

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I haven't tried it myself but I think you need to copy a save file (the auto generated Final Save would be a sensible one to use if you have it) from the iPad save folder and dump it into the BGII save folder. Then you can import from save in BGII. Can anyone confirm that?
  • Joos2000Joos2000 Member Posts: 2
    Ehrm, maybe a slightly noob question, but how do you access your saved games from a PC when they are on the iPad?
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Download the ifunbox program. It lets you have some access to ipad files to your pc or Mac. A lot of stuff is locked down, but you can get to your save files.