Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Beastmaster dies when familiar dies?

I (probably mistakenly, LOL) decided to give a beastmaster a go for the first time. I actually was enjoying it until my familiar was killed by a single blow from a dire wolf (must've been a critical hit?), and my character instantly died along with it. At that time, I was at level 1, with 15 constitution, 11 HP at start and 17 total with the familiar present.

My understanding is that a character loses a point of const plus half the familiar's HPs when a familiar dies. Since my character's starting HP was 11, shouldn't she have lost 1 HP for the loss of con (the bonus point gained from having 15 con), plus 6 HPs as half the familiar's HP total, still leaving her with 5 HPs?

On a side note, if I had actually made it to the 2nd level and level'd up, would the familiar have level'd up too? I know familiars are more powerful if your character is at a higher level, but is that only if the familiar is created at a higher level?

Comments