Skip to content

Keldorn repeatedly killed by Death Spell in Delosar's Inn

It was my understanding that Death Spell only kills summons or creatures with less than 8 hit dice. However my Keldorn with 84 hit points keeps getting taken out by a mage called "Mercenary of Riatavin" upstairs in Delosars Inn. None of my other party are affected but every time I reload the fight the Mercenary of Riatavin puts up a spell trigger of protection from magical weapons and protection from normal missiles, then casts shadow door then casts Death Spell when he reappears which kills Keldorn every time.

Why is this happening?

Comments

• DraconusDraconus Member Posts: 24
    Save game in a rar if it helps.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    Draconus said:

It was my understanding that Death Spell only kills summons or creatures with less than 8 hit dice. However my Keldorn with 84 hit points keeps getting taken out by a mage called "Mercenary of Riatavin" upstairs in Delosars Inn. None of my other party are affected but every time I reload the fight the Mercenary of Riatavin puts up a spell trigger of protection from magical weapons and protection from normal missiles, then casts shadow door then casts Death Spell when he reappears which kills Keldorn every time.

Why is this happening?

iis your kaldorn is 7 or 8 lvl if yes. he is creatur with 8 dice roll. hp is = lvl* dice 1-10 + 3"17 con" * lvl
    lvl 8 = 8* 1-10 +8*3=84 he is 8 dice creature on lvl 9 he will be imune
    Draconus said:

Save game in a rar if it helps.

yes i chect your save he has 8 lvl that mean this spell can kill himyou must wait to lvl 9 then he will be immun
    but
    DON'T KILL THOSE MEN YET IF YOU DO THAT YOU DON'T GET EXTRA QUEST WITH IS HALAIRIAS!!! TO UNBLOK IT YOU MUST USE 7 LVL MAGE SPELL WISH IT CAN BE BUY IN ADVENTURE MARKET FROM WOMEN WITH SPELLS NEAR BOOKS.
    CHOUSE 1 OPTION OF TALK AND SEE NERA BAG FOR NEW SPELL
    edited December 2013
    IN MY BG2 I USE MODS SO IT IS SAFER IF YOU USE THIS SAVE GAME ONLY TO CHECK HAVE IT WILL BE WORK AND PLAY ON YOUR OWN SAVE GAME LATER
    when jinni come chose option with adventure.
    the quest will started just out side this tavern a bager will come to speak to you
    if you new with this game go to this topic:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26712/who-we-should-to-pick-pocekt-in-bg2-spoiler-for-thief#latest
    Post edited by Dzuk5 on