Skip to content

Best End Game Party (TOB)

I finished BG2 a few times so far my current Party is the best I had.
1) Keldorn with Holy Avenger (STR 20)
2) Sarevok with Vorpal (STR 18/00) ** I had Mazzy until I got Sarevok
3) Minsc with dual LS (BlackRazor / The Equalizer) (STR 22)
4) Anomen with CromFaeyr (STR 25)
5) Nalia (Bow of Gesen)
6) Myself as Mage

I would like to see how other parties turned out.

Comments

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    You can make that party better by giving Anomen a better weapon (e.g. dual wield Runehammer and Defender of Easthaven) and casting DUHM, Righteous Magic, etc. and give Minsc a better offhand weapon (Belm or Kundane) and perhaps a better mainhand weapon (Angurvadal).
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    I would've swapped out Minsc for Sarevok instead of Mazzy. Minsc is novelty at best and Mazzy with strength belt is on-par with Korgan and Keldorn for the best in the game.

Only other change is that Imoen>Nalia in ever way unless you like Nalia, which I do <3
  • NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60

I would've swapped out Minsc for Sarevok instead of Mazzy. Minsc is novelty at best and Mazzy with strength belt is on-par with Korgan and Keldorn for the best in the game.

Only other change is that Imoen>Nalia in ever way unless you like Nalia, which I do <3</p>

I like to finish all quests before I go to spellhold and by the time I get there Nalia is a higher level mage with tons of spells. :D
    I will try an evil party as well and see how that goes.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    At least at the end, you don't have to worry about traps and locks so Nalia's lower thief skills are no longer a drawback. And she has that cool ring (or she's down a ring slot, depending on your perspective).

If you have Ascension,

you also have to fight or at least hold off Slayer Imoen until she recovers. But in return she also gets some Bhaalspawn powers.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Whether traps are wholly irrelevant depends on when one considers "endgame" beginning - there's large numbers of traps in large parts of TOB, after all. Eventually though, yes, thieving skills are irrelevant. Though if one enjoys setting traps and using backstabs, the lower thieving skills are still a drawback.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Party??
    Haven't you've heard about solo runs???!?!?!?!?!?!?
    My F/M/T lvl 40/40/40 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than any party combination possible on the game.
    More if you give him LOTS of Potions of Cheese, oh yeah, and the Tome of Powergaming, fucked hell man.

Just play solo run.
    Children.
    MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    @PawnSlayer Yeah, I was thinking of the Throne of Bhaal fights. I don't remember traps being a big deal in most of ToB though. A fighter's saves and resistances and HP are good enough to disarm most of them "by foot" and I have more thieving potions than I know what to do with. Neither Nalia nor Imoen can set traps for crap though you are right, Imoen has a higher backstab multiplier.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    CrevsDaak said:

Party??
    Haven't you've heard about solo runs???!?!?!?!?!?!?
    My F/M/T lvl 40/40/40 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than any party combination possible on the game.
    More if you give him LOTS of Potions of Cheese, oh yeah, and the Tome of Powergaming, fucked hell man.

Just play solo run.
    Children.
    MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't that exact character backed up by 5 characters logically be more powerful than him/her alone though? :P
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Well if we're gonna break the game's rules for this comparison anyway then why not a platoon of 80/80/80/80 F/C/M/T's, each dual wielding ancient dragons.
  • djenindjenin Member Posts: 10
    For a good aligned party that's ok, as stated above I'd switch Nalia for Imoen and Minsc for Mazzy.

Evil party is quite a bit more powerful though:

Charname (playing kensai/mage at the moment)
    Edwin (no contest here, best mage in the game)
    Viconia (best cleric, no doubt)
    Dorn (he only lacks a bit in constitution, which is easily fixed by the belt)
    Sarevok (good stats overall really)
    Filler
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @PawnSlayer no.
    It is not funny.
    So it is worst.
    :D
    It is better to create a party by yourself.
    Without druids.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    djenin said:

For a good aligned party that's ok, as stated above I'd switch Nalia for Imoen and Minsc for Mazzy.

Filler

You seem to have spelled "Hexxat" as "Filler", but that's okay, it's early.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Madhax said:

djenin said:

Filler

You seem to have spelled "Hexxat" as "Filler", but that's okay, it's early.
    No need for a cleric just bring Korgan and dual sarevok to Mage. Then again hexxat and Viccy really depends on what Charname is... Ranger cleric would make Viccy extraneous :), harder to balance rep through
  • NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60
    enqenq said:

Well if we're gonna break the game's rules for this comparison anyway then why not a platoon of 80/80/80/80 F/C/M/T's, each dual wielding ancient dragons.

Ancient dragon + 125 should be enough :D