Skip to content

A question about class equipment restrictions and kits.

DeisDeis Member Posts: 25
I am attempting to create a sorcerer kit mod called Eldritch Knight. I have allowed the kit the ability to put proficiency points into any melee weapon, however in game he still can not use any items aside from the ones allowed by sorcerers. Is their any way to allow this kit to use any items available to Fighter/Mages without using UseAnyItem without allowing those items to be used for the base sorcerer class? I only ask because I thought the EE's had externalized and improved upon a few things and I was hoping this was one of them.

Comments

• MangekyoxMangekyox Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2013
    How's it going mate. if you look at my post in this http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28016/how-can-i-make-cleric-s-able-to-use-bows#latest I have a pretty basic step by step guide on how to remove restrictions :)

EDIT: As to not allowing sorcerers to use them. I don't have any idea on how it could be possible. The only thing I could think of is adding the kit as a class in the class.ids as it should be different to the sorcerer in terms of class. but I am unsure how that would effect it into working as a kit..Otherwise the only way i can thing of is yeah...Useanyitem.
  • DeisDeis Member Posts: 25
    I was looking in NI and noticed there is no Sorcerer flag and am assuming they use the mage flag. My only issue with doing it this way is that unfortunately it would edit those restrictions for all mages. I was hoping for a more ideal solution, as I would assume most people wouldn't want such a broad change in their game. I'm honestly surprised that additional functionality was not added in the way of how kits decide what base class item restrictions to use. Thanks for the suggestion. I will most likely go with the UAI solution for now.
  • MangekyoxMangekyox Member Posts: 25
    Unless someone with better knowledge, such as wisp, were to reply to this thread and give instructions on how to create your own flag for an item I feel that UAI will be the only solution for the time being.
    A solution
    Noticing "Item: Can't Use Itemtype [181]" I wonder if this would restrict Use any item? If so you could probably use this in conjunction to UAI to actually set the boundries on class equips
  • DeisDeis Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2013
    Mangekyox said:

Unless someone with better knowledge, such as wisp, were to reply to this thread and give instructions on how to create your own flag for an item I feel that UAI will be the only solution for the time being.
    A solution
    Noticing "Item: Can't Use Itemtype [181]" I wonder if this would restrict Use any item? If so you could probably use this in conjunction to UAI to actually set the boundries on class equips

I just was testing this idea by attempting to disallow splint, plate and fullplate armors (3f, 40, and 41), unfortunately it didn't seem to override useanyitem, even when I had the kit apply the ability every level. I'm not sure if it's expected to though.

@Wisp

(The right window) This would be the correct value to disallow Full Plate right? I'm not sure if I have the value in the correct place.

http://postimg.org/image/jsi27emeh/

Post edited by Deis on
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    I'm pretty sure UAI overrides everything else. Kits cannot have looser item restrictions than the parent class (because they are bound by both class and kit restrictions).
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2014
    First thing. I've been away for about a year. Is there a clab for the base sorcerer? If so, you can enable usability for the sorcerer but restrict use using opcode 181 (and 180 was it?). The thing is, items restricted this way have a different in game implementation than non useability, at least as of the non enhanced versions. Iirc they are not 'grayed out' when in inventory; when trying to equip, the item acts like the itemtype is of the wrong type, like it would if you tried to put, say, a helmet in the boots slot.

I think the restriction would also apply to dual class (though, sorcerers can't dual anyway, right?) I suppose the only problem here is aesthetic. I'm interested in this as well, and am going to investigate. If I find anything of note, I'll let you know

Edit: opcode 319 looks promising on paper. You might try enabling use of the item type for the base class and kit but "restricting" it to the kit (and every other class that should be able to use the item). They probably do something like this for "blackguard only weapons". I have a strong feeling this will work
    Post edited by Grammarsalad on