Skip to content

*SPOILERS* BGII: EE Dark Moon Monks Fight

So I have to have Rasaad in my party for the fight with the Sharran assassins, crusaders, priests, Dark Moon Monks, and mages. I am currently having immense difficulty, even on the second easiest difficulty, defeating them. There are way too many of them, they are all hasted, do poison, can cause my party members to sleep, etc.

My party consists of:
CHARNAME Monk
Rasaad (Sun Soul Monk)
Neera (Wild Mage with Robe of Vecna)
Jan (Thief/Illusionist)
Minsc (Ranger, does DPS with bow or two-handed sword)
Jaheira (Druid/Fighter, to deal with the poison)

Let me know if you have any recommendations about how to fend off the legion. I would attach the file, but having tried, it says the file type (BALDUR.SAV) is not allowed. Help?

Comments

• SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    Summons -> Great malison -> Fear, Emotion: Hopeless, Confusion, Chaos i.e. any mass control disabling skills.

OR/AND

Grease, Web, Druid web(don't remember correct name), Stinking Cloud -> Cloudkill, Death Fog, any AoE spells
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    I can never trigger all those before the assassins deal quintiple damage to my casters. Even if I cast buffs before exiting the building (to save time during the fight). :(
  • SerpionSerpion Member Posts: 67
    Use true sight then :) By spell or by gem. Stoneskins / mirror images on casters also protects them
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    Thanks. :)

• SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    In that fight I suggest you have at least 2, better 3 truesight running. Should not be a problem with your casters plus the stone you get in the previous test. Stoneskin/Ironskin is your friend!

Don't waste time casting neutralize poisons, by now you should have several elixir of health. Let Jaheira summon fire elementals plus nymph who can heal and crowd control.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    This took me a couple of tries on insane to win without anyone getting chunked. The winning strategy was two greater malisons and two emotion hopelessness on the pack then position rassad well for 3 sun soul ray on the whole pack without friendly fire and getting turned on by everyone. Also if you have horrid wilting you can have Neera spam it with nrd if you want.

Jahiera should start with two insect swarms on a fighter etc in the pack who can't go immune to it like a Mage.

Have your monks hasten or improved basted to guard your casters and have the casters stoneskin, mirror image and blur and have protection from magic weapons ready.

Give everyone 2-3 invis potions and run away to heal if hurt.