Skip to content

Should I help Mae'var of the shadow thieves?

xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
Ok so I'm at this point to where I think I can choose to help Mae'var the evil guild leader of the shadow thieves. Since my character is a neutral evil assassin, I'm curious as to what happens when if I chose to help Mae'var succeed Renal Bloodscalp. What happens if I do that?

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    As I recall, you have to fight Bodhi and the Vampire Thieves. A tough fight, and if you are romancing Aerie, she gets kidnapped.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @LadyRhian are you thinking of the main quest? I think the TC is talking about the Thief stronghold. In any case, I can't remember so I may be misunderstanding :P
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Yes the thief guild that you get as a thief or in my case an assassin. Currently headed by Mae'var who is not a vampire, is attempting to help the night knives expand on shadow thief turf. Idk if you end up killing Renal or you get a better reward from helping him which is why I was curious.
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    If I remember correctly, I don't think you can actually aid Mae'Var in his attempt to overthrow Renal Bloodscalp because when he is finally ready Edwin threatens to expose that you work for Renal unless you allow him in on the reward that Renal has promised which forces you to kill Mae'Var.
  • mampoamampoa Member Posts: 5

If I remember correctly, I don't think you can actually aid Mae'Var in his attempt to overthrow Renal Bloodscalp because when he is finally ready Edwin threatens to expose that you work for Renal unless you allow him in on the reward that Renal has promised which forces you to kill Mae'Var.

That's right. The quest pack mod adds the option to actually aid Mae'Var though, in case anyone is interested.