Skip to content

Black Razor + 5 via IEP - too cheesy?

ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
edited December 2013 in General Modding
Hello, I'm currently on my first evil playthrough in the underdark and loving it. I only played good when I first played the game years ago.

Anyways I was debating using infinity engine editor pro and turning Black Razor into +5 when I head into ToB. Would this be too imbalancing? I'm not sure how its level drain effect works against ToB and Watchers Keep enemies so I was looking for opinions.

Comments

• HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    It would certainly be one of the stronger weapon choices, but still lacking in direct damage compared to some of the other options. In short, I don't think it's too powerful.

Even if it were, it's your game so do what you want. If you like the flavor of the blackrazor but hate having to switch out to a higher + value weapon, go ahead and change it.
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    blackrazor is good as it is, I think. +3 is a good bonus for common monsters and most bosses are immune to level drain anyway, so increasing it to +5 is not really necessary, since you'll probably want to switch to another weapon with other effect against really big bosses.
    Either way, one of the best weapons in my opinion
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Really all you're doing is adding +2 thac0, +2 damage and allowing yourself to hit the small handful of monsters that require +4 or better.
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    how does one change it from a +3 to a +5?
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited May 2017
    In NearInfinity, select MISCBC.itm (it wasn't REALLY intended to be anything except a quest item, surely the Devs expected you to give it back instead of use it for basically ONE fight at the VERY end of the game, which is why it has the MISC prefix and not the SW prefix of edged weapons). Click Edit tab, scroll down to Enchantment, change 3 to 5. If you wanted to go further, go down to Item Ability, edit, change Bonus to hit and Damage bonus from 3 to 5.

Do something similar in DLTCEP.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited May 2017
    There are only a handful of enemies that require +4 weapons, and even fewer in ToB. Actually I believe that the only ones you get to meet in ToB are that demilich in WK, possibly the Death Shade from the deck of many thing and Demogorgon.
    You wouldn't use blackrazor against a demilich anyway and probably won't meet the Death Shade, so it leaves only Demogorgon who's immune to level drain and disintegration.

Really it feels pointless to me, the weapon is already stupidly strong thus. And for the few fights it doesn't work, Angurvadal uses the same proficiences and is better or as good as Blackrazor+5 would be anyway.
  • icehawk51289icehawk51289 Member Posts: 8
    I'm late, but I'll disagree with Arunsun anyway. My issue is not that the Blackrazor isn't good enough, but more that I can't use it in certain fights. It takes away from the personality of the weapon, eventually, to have there be so many other weapons that outstrip it. I'd like to be able to use it instead of Angurvadal because it is one of my favorite weapons, not just because it's good.
  • smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48
    I'm late, but I'll disagree with Arunsun anyway. My issue is not that the Blackrazor isn't good enough, but more that I can't use it in certain fights. It takes away from the personality of the weapon, eventually, to have there be so many other weapons that outstrip it. I'd like to be able to use it instead of Angurvadal because it is one of my favorite weapons, not just because it's good.

You do realize eating too much cheese gives you wierd dreams?