Skip to content

rod of resurrection bug?

Is the ability to heal any of your npc that is alive with the rod of resurrection a bug?
I get feeling that it is supposed to be an instant cast resurrect but im not sure.

I guess the bg ee team would have changed it to only work on the dead if it wasnt supposed to be heal item.

Pretty OP that you can self heal with it 5 times in a fight.

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Resurrection is like Raise Dead + Heal in one spell. If they're not dead then the Raise Dead does nothing but the Heal part still works.

Maybe it's one of those items that are a little too strong but I don't think it's a bug.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    It is pretty potent, and very open to abuse. Being able to have a simulacrum use it from long range can trivialise a lot of fights, meaning only instant-kill or status effects are a real danger.

Raise dead + Heal + instant cast and multiple charges is pretty OP.
  • IllittiIllitti Member Posts: 17
    What might seem like a very random notion, but I must say it: my Fighter solo 100% run would be relatively screwed if Rod of Resurrection didn't have it's heal component, because that's about the only way I could figure out how to kill Empathic Manifestation during Cult of the Eyeless quest.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Evil fighter? Otherwise I think 1 or 2 Cure light wounds from your Bhaal abilities are enough.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Or use the gloves of healing from the Fallen Paladins quest to defeat the Empathic Manifestation.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Huh. And I always used it as resurrecting item. This opens 6th level druid/cleric slots when you throw away Heal.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    What makes me wonder is the fact that the spell resurrection does not help someone (heal) that is alive.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2013
    I suppose it didn't even crossed devs' minds that someone would waste 7th level slot for something a spell from 6th level could do in the same time if I'm not mistaken.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

What makes me wonder is the fact that the spell resurrection does not help someone (heal) that is alive.

Resurrection the spell can be used to heal alive party members/the player character.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Oh the i guess its not a bug with the rod either. Thanks