Skip to content

Did the variable patch get applied?

Just started BG2 EE with an imported character from 1. I was wondering if the variables patch went through, for you know drizzt/romances/Tomoko. I assume so cause I thought you had to mod it to get your items and xp to transfer without the suggested patch. Thanks in advance

Comments

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    As far as I am aware there has been no "variable patch" in the pipeline. Whether or not you fought Drizzt in BG1 has always been determined by if you were carrying some of his gear in your import file.

As for Romances, I don't think there is any link between outcome of the dialogue & quest path in BG1:EE and the start point in BG2:EE. My first BG2:EE runthrough was with a character who had completed Neera's quests and romance path in BG1:EE and she made no comment about previous events while in the party.

Tamoko is always assumed to have died in Sarevok's epilogue and I've not seen anything about this being changed. In fact changing it may well be in violation of the Overhaul contract.
  • SHAZAM73SHAZAM73 Member Posts: 11
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24093/am-i-missing-something-or-bg2ee-truly-does-not-keep-any-variables-from-imported-games
    Liam mentions that it's being worked in this thread.

I didn't know drizzt's gear is included in the items you could transfer over. So if I were to put twinkle in my inventory like I did the golden pantaloon's they'd just show up somewhere in Irenicus's dungeon?

Yeah I thought the epilogue changed my mistake on that. Poor Sarevok.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    You don't get to keep Drizzt's gear, it just sets a variable in BG2 if you have it on import making Drizzt rather unhappy when you first meet him.
    Ah... so some variables are transferred the patch would be to add one's for the romances and maybe the quests as well. Maybe not though, I did notice that Neera had Adoy's belt equipped when I picked her up. I suppose the patch not being completed and all she must come stock with that so it may be safe to assume the npc side quests won't be a variable.
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    No, the devs have said there will be a variable about romances, and there is changed dialogue when you meet Neera (or Rasaad and Dorn, presumably) due to it. It's hopefully going to be fixed not in the next patch, but the one after that.

I don't think there's been any indication there's any new variables about quests and such that are going to transfer over, though I suppose it's possible.
    Is there a thread on here with the most recent patches and there notes? Also I got my copy from steam how much will that affect patches?
    I think I found it actually assuming the most recent one was in October.