Skip to content

SCSII and Lavok crash

thexsathexsa Member Posts: 9
Hi,

I am currently trying to kill Lavok in the Planar Sphere where I run into a bit of a problem. Everytime Lavok finishes casting a certain spell the game crashes before it writes out what spell it was that he cast. He does the usualy previously cast stuff, he does time stop, greater malison and, in some cases, Mordekainens Sword, before he casts a spell that causes the crash.

I have pretty much done everything that can be done up until you depart for Spellhold, except killing Lavok, Kangaxx, Shadow/Red Dragon and some other minor encounters. So far not a single crash.

Also, the only other oddity I have run into so far is that the Adventurers Mart is keeping a 0gp item in stock without an icon, and that the Berserk of Minsc shows the description for the spell Barkskin, though the Berserk works as intended. Also, Ruby Ray of Reversal seems to count as a summon(maybe intended?) and when I cast it with 5 other summons, it just complains I have too many summons and nothing happens.

I have no idea if I can do anything the the dump-files the game creates, or if they contain any useful information.

Attaching my Weidulog.

Comments

• ValakovValakov Member Posts: 7
    i am having the same issue with lich class creatures (im going to assume its high level mage in general) also getting some odd comments in chat bar after casting various spell take downs - notably pierce magic which returns charname- death but does not actually kill.
    update -The option in SCS to move HLA's to special abilities might be the culprit, after reinstalling scs with this option off, have not crashed during same fights (liches from the kaz quest)
    take it back, still getting a crash on some spell casters - watchers keep
    Thexsa - there is an update for Atweaks in regards to feind summoning + scs, which looks like it fixes the issue we have had, give it a whirl
  • thexsathexsa Member Posts: 9
    Yeah. I kind of forgot about this thread as I posted the same problem on the G3-forums and provided Wisp with all the necessary information so he could do that patch. :)
  • harticus33harticus33 Member Posts: 23
    @thexsa I tracked down your post on G3, and I have to say I'm super impressed. That was a lot of work you did. Thanks as I am currently benefiting from it. I felt bad ctrl+y'ing a lich in spellhold, but I'm not as good with the system as you are to investigate. Hoping my save will be okay if i just uninstall those components
  • harticus33harticus33 Member Posts: 23
    Also @thexsa how did you resolve the issue? I noticed on the post that Wisp didn't post a file, did the next version of SCS just get patched? And if so would I be able to reinstall this updated version without starting a new game? I always get nervous when I uninstall an earlier Weidu mod and it has to uninstall a whole bunch of others.