Skip to content

All midget party?

kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
Is this realistically doable with the npcs in the game or will I need to make a second entrant/import?

I'm thinking of taking mazzy, Korgan, jan, but that's all the npc midgets.

Viconia is sorta short as a drow, and also won't fight the others I guess, I might be able to justify taking imoen since I always take her but it'd purely be to let her crash the party...

For the Charname, I guess id go for cleric illusionist to fit the theme or if I don't take viconia maybe a dwarf fighter cleric?

I've never played a real play through with less than three arcane casters though so it will be interesting, especially with SCS mages and insane level damage on fighters without Mage protections... Not sure at all how TOB will work unless I kite like crazy with mazzy on a bow...

Mazzy and Korgan are chain saws in melee but I don't know how I'll keep them alive lol...

Anyone have any other suggestions?

I considered taking Wilson too but that seems even harder to fit into the group...

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited December 2013
    you could download the Tiax mod! Also if you have to make a character to fill the party why not put in a little Yeslick or Alora action? Even Kagain would work.

You can even find their soundsets here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gsn24bgwwu0gyqw/AWUWelXSyD/Soundsets

Tiax Mod here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1

There was a Yeslick mod (very little content though) but it does not seem to be on the compatible mods list just yet
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Hmm... Picking up both tiax and imoen in spellhold might just make me rush through chapter 2-3 for once...
    booinyoureyes
    There is also an original mod NPC named Nephele who is a halfling Cleric of Yondalla. I have never played it but it was made by Liam Esler, one of the developers form the BG Enhanced games, and I have heard good things.
    What would you make Charname to fit the party then? I'm tempted to actually make a fighter thief if not for the problems already stated of no one being able to tank late game vs insane level damage. I might play on core instead then to because if I'm not playing a super cheesy class like my usual fighter Mage or ranger cleric etc, I guess I can lower the difficulty a bit especially with SCS to make things interesting.

Fighter/thief with UAI and carosmyr/purifier would be interesting.

Can mazzy get purifier or does the Charname have to be LG?

I guess once I have UAI I can always use scrolls to buff myself, but protection from magic weapons scrolls are rather rare so I guess I'll have to helm of vailor...
    I think charname must be Lawful Good for Purifier

As far as your charname... Jan is your thief, Mazzy is a good fighter, korgan a tank.. If you want Tiax he will fit the cleric role. I would actually use EEKeeper (a program that edits the game... just discovered it and it is quite easy to use) to make Imoen a halfling (always thought it fit her!)

If not, maybe a gnome illusionist or cleric/illusionist would fit? You may like to have a healer before Tiax. Also you have two thieves already (or three if you do the Imoen thing). If you do download the Nephele mod for a cleric, maybe just do a fighter/illusionist or a plain illusionist. I hear that fighter/illusionist are really fun and gnomes can get 19 intelligence (i duno if that actually makes a difference technically, but it sure makes you feel smart!)
    I can confirm that fighter illusionists are great but I'm playing one in a hexxat romance with an all girl party right now, and I'm about to enter chapter 6. Everyone has hlas already except imoen too...

Charname, hexxat, jahiera, neera, imoen and viconia in this one.

I definitely have shadow/eekeeper available so I guess I can even do a dwarven defender/cleric for a ridiculous tank...
    booinyoureyes
    god... that tank would be insane.
    jackjack
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Barbarian cleric multiclass would be a ridiculous tank as well
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    I also have been wanting to have a party with Jan, Korgan, and Mazzy. Aerie would really round out my party, is there a way with the console, bg 2 tweak pack or EE keeper to prevent tAerie and korgans ultimatum?
  • Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    'Midget party?' MIDGETS??! You insult me groundling! You dare to talk about dwarves in the same breath as Gnomes and Halflings?!

I'll have u know that I am at least as wide as I am tall, and I weigh more than any groundling I've met... Except maybe that Rashemian warrior by the name of Minsc. Furthermore, my Dwarven constitution means I can even drink the berserker outta the tavern and also take a few blows to the head without ending up conversing with a hamster! Ha!
    nanobooinyoureyesjackjack
    @durlag_thunderaxe

I thought you had a thing for mazzy though, want to bend her over or something like that?
    booinyoureyes