Skip to content

How I Got Multiplayer BGEE working on a LAN

Alex777Alex777 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2013 in Multiplayer
This worked for me, although YMMV:

Each player should have the BG:EE game installed with the same options set; I am not sure this is necessary, but that is what we had.

The player on the Host PC needs to get his IP Address on the LAN and give it to the other players. Select Control Panel >> Network & Internet >> View Network Status and Tasks >> Change Adapter Settings. Then, double-click on the LAN adapter and click on the Details button. The IP address is the Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. This is in Win7; XP or Win8 may differ a bit.

Each player runs the game and waits while the Beamdog server authenticates it. When this happens, the PLAY button will appear. Each player hits PLAY and runs through to the main screen.

Use ALT + ENTER to run the game in a Window while setting up; I am not sure this is necessary, but that is what we did.

The player on the Host PC selects Baldur's Gate >> Multiplayer >> Protocol >> TCP/IP >> Done. He selects Create Game, then types in the Session name and his Player Name. When he clicks on New Game, this brings him to the Character Arbitration screen.

Each player on a Client PC selects Baldur's Gate >> Multiplayer >> Protocol >> TCP/IP >> Done. Then he clicks on the BLANK (no text) button on the upper right. Then, he types in the Host's IP Address and clicks Done.

After a pause, messages will appear on both the Host and Client PCs indicating a connection. When all players have joined, proceed to create your characters, etc., according to the instructions in the Manual.

Once everyone is in Candlekeep, hit ALT + ENTER to return the display to full screen.
Post edited by Alex777 on

Comments