Skip to content

Charmed NPC issue

shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
edited December 2013 in Windows PC (Archive)
Is anyone having the bug where your NPC becomes charmed, there circles go RED but they stand there still and do not attack your party back?

I dont know what mods are causing this, I only have tactics and SCS installed on BG2EE

EDIT: I was having this problem in BG1EE with SCS.

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2013
    That certainly makes it sound like SCS could be the culprit. You might want to ask about that in the appropriate thread in the mods section.

However, you should also make a note of whether the charmed character has any other affects upon them, which might account for the behavior. For example, it is possible for a character to be both charmed and stunned, which one would expect to result in the situation you described.

Assuming that is not the case, then to determine whether it is a problem with the game itself, you would want to remove all of your mods and then allow a member of your party to become charmed. If they behave normally then the game is working, if they still do nothing then there might be a problem. Upload a saved game before the fight begins and give detailed instructions for how to replicate the situation you are experiencing.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited February 2014
    I haven't had that problem in the EE yet, but it did happen to me several times in the original BG2. It generally happened to NPCs that I had brought into my party using the ctrl q cheat, rather than to NPCs that could join without cheats. I eventually figured out that they would permanently turn red like that if my other party members damaged them. For instance, if I cast a fireball and one of my NPCs got hit by it, there was a small chance that s/he would turn red and stop moving like you described. This also happened when NPCs had confusion cast on them and shot arrows at other party members. This almost always affected only NPCs that I had used cheats to have join my party, but it also happened to Imoen once too.

I never found a way to fix it once it happened, but (assuming your game's problem is similar in cause to mine) if you just do everything you can to avoid damaging your party members, which you presumably would be doing anyway, the problem should be less common.

As far as mods are concerned, I had SCS and Shadows over Soubar installed on orginal BG2 when I encountered these problems.