Skip to content

Items disappearing from inventory BG2EE?

Anyone else seeing this? Checked bug forums and did a search not seeing it posted as known issue.

Finished clearing slaver compound went to CC and sold loot went back out to two areas in town and noticed scroll case missing when I went to use it.

Loaded save from CC - still missing (and not in Bernards inventory.)

Loaded qsave from just before leaving Slaver compound and scroll case was there - went on to CC to sell loot and noticed Bastard sword Krondar +1 missing (had sword the first time I got to CC).

Only mod installed is dungeon B Gone.

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Did you check the floor? Hendak or whoever gives you Krondar as a reward if I recall, and that would automatically push out your scroll case or anything else on the top slot onto the ground.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Pantalion said:

Did you check the floor? Hendak or whoever gives you Krondar as a reward if I recall, and that would automatically push out your scroll case or anything else on the top slot onto the ground.

Bingo! And the lack of Krondar after returning to CC was because I didn't talk to him that time (duhhh).

Good thing I generally subscribe to the rule to save often in different slots! :-)

Thx!

• scorpiovascorpiova Member Posts: 87
    edited January 2014
    I have noticed that if I move items for character to character during combat sometimes they vanish. Happened with a stack of healing potions. I was surprised and noted not to do that in the future with anything of value.

I did notice that a few saves later the items did re-appear. Not sure if its the same bug you experienced.

EDIT: just noticed your issue was resolved, silly me.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I had a stack of 24 extra healing potions disappear from an NPCs quickslot. Since it was in a quick slot, having a full inventory shouldn't have dropped them from receiving an item. I'm not exactly sure what tripped it, since I apparently had done a lot before Korgan needed to drink one and I noticed they were gone. Since he needed healing when I noticed, I gave him another stack of 12 and stuck them back in the same quick slot. So no idea if they would have come back. Not a huge deal, since those potions are common, but could have been if it was a unique item.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    somewhere along the line hexxat's items disappeared, kind of sucks, because i think i stuffed a whole load of useful items in her bag of holding
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    simples said:

somewhere along the line hexxat's items disappeared, kind of sucks, because i think i stuffed a whole load of useful items in her bag of holding

Ouch! I'm going to keep an eye on that - I already save often (in different slots) so if I see it gone right away I should be able to reload to recoup it - I already have a pile of stuff in there!

• unkinheadunkinhead Member Posts: 107
    Yup, during my archer/cleric playthrough, my tuigan bow +1 dissapeared like 3-5 times during the entire playthrough, not sure why, must be something i did with the weapon frequently that the game didn't like. I just shadowkeep'd it back in everytime (Eekeeper)
  • reddwarfreddwarf Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2014
    I just now spoted, that nearly all items from Hexxat's Modified Bag of Holding and Sroll Case disappeared and also whole Windspear Hills, Umar Hills and Temple Ruins maps restarted (even some of the quests related to the maps). Seems the memory leak bug isn't fully patched yet.
    Post edited by reddwarf on