Skip to content

Version lag problem - iPad vs. Steam

Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right category.

I've been trying to play BGEE multiplayer on my iPad with my brother who has it on PC, having got it through Steam. Apparently my version is ahead of his, so we can't connect. The version mine came with downloading it from the Apple ap store is 1.2.2031, whereas the one he got on Steam is 1.2.0 (I think).

Having looked at these forums and elsewhere I have seen a lot of people having the opposite problem - Apple lagging behind PCs in getting the latest version out - but no reference to the other way around.

Is the very latest version out on PC yet? Is it available on Steam? There seems to be no way of manually updating the game if you got it on Steam, you have to wait for Steam to download it automtically. So is it just a case of waiting for Steam to action the patch in some way, and then it will update automatically?

Comments

• BENVILHAVENBENVILHAVEN Member Posts: 25
    Yeah, am having this problem too.

Kinda off putting when 'cross platform multiplayer' was such a big selling point, especially for me.

• hideshiseyeshideshiseyes Member Posts: 4
    It is a big deal and so hard to get right, I guess, synchronising all these different companies. Disappointing though.
  • Formula409Formula409 Member Posts: 3
    My friend and I are having the same issue. The iPad and PC versions used to be 100% compatible. We actually made it all the way to chapter 4 before the recent updates put the PC version at 1.2.0 and the iPad version at 1.2.2031 - will this ever be resolved?
  • hideshiseyeshideshiseyes Member Posts: 4
    W gave up on the idea of a multiplayer game as it seems likely that, even if they get synchronised for a while, they will be unsynchronised again before long, so it just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

He was going to play a Mage and I was going to play a fighter, so I made a SP game as a fighter/Mage. Better than nothing :p