Skip to content

Sending saved games via email

So if I lack an external hard drive and wish to send saves from this computer to my other computer via email, what files exactly should I send? It looks like each save folder comes with portraits and so on. Should I attach the entire folder?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2013
    The entire save game folder (\save) if you want all your save games or just the individual ones (\000019 savegamenameetc.) if you want spesific saves. If you use custom portraits then those do not come along with the save files, what you see in there are just game-generated thumbnails and you'll need to also transfer the portraits folder if you want those too. The saves will work even if you don't add the portraits too though, you'll simply see placeholder blanks upon loading.
  • MythdraconMythdracon Member Posts: 187
    edited December 2013
    Hm, so if I use the portraits that came with the game, those will transfer properly?

Also, it looks like entire folders won't transfer--rather, I can send the .sav file, but if I click the folder, it just opens the folder, rather than attaching it...
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    You could make an archive of the folder or just attach all the files, adding a .txt with the name of the save.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I've done it using WinRAR which is an compression/archiving program as @enqenq suggests and it works pretty well. Just compress the entire folder and then unzip it at the other end.