Skip to content

Kivan leaves when Dorn tells how he became a Blackguard - a bug?

PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
I don't know if it's intended or a bug, but in the middle of Dorn's tale about being imprisoned and becoming a blackguard, Kivan left the group.
I have reputation 9 and I was in BG (so I killed the bandits).
I'm playing with iPad.
Is this a bug or not?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Did he say anything prior to leaving?
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    That does seem to be a bug- I noticed it when reading the dialog. Kivan randomly tells you you haven't killed the bandits yet (with no check on whether you have or not, or if you even still have time to), and disappears. It seems to have nothing to do with Dorn's blackguard tale, but it happens all the same.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    He says 'it's time to leave' or something like that. Ne reference to bandit camp.
    I think it's related to dorn's dialogue because he interrupted the tale (and now that i realize it, dorn could not finish the tale).
    I forget to mention that i was playing in italian.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited December 2013
    Afaik from the moment of Kivan joining you you have 20 days to kill them - he should comment on this two times (after 7 and 14 days) before leaving.

This kind of departure will prompt him to say "I fear that I must take my leave. I have urgent matters that must be attended to, and I cannot wait for you any longer. Farewell." Not sure about the Italian version though.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I made a check in english, and that the line.
    I completed his quest ages ago, and he didn't speak the warning lines.
    I tried this way:
    I Kicked kivan from group, I went to BG (1 day passed for the journey) dorn has his line in the correct way.
    I went back to nashkel and took Kivan.
    I returned to BG (1 day passed) and no dialogue occurred this time.
  • Fallen_BaronFallen_Baron Member Posts: 4
    I have found that (While using BG1NPC mod) Kicking Kivan out, having the talk with Dorn, then having Kivan rejoin solves the problem. If he leaves while waiting for the talk, it obviously won't help, but he stayed right where I left him until Dorn told me about becoming a Blackguard.
  • AurorusAurorus Member Posts: 201
    Kivan´s quest is not considered completed until you have spoken to the Flaming Fist officer in Beregost, have killed the bandit leaders, and do not have any bandit scalps in your inventory. At this point, she thanks you and says that she is leaving for Baldur´s Gate. Then Kivan´s quest is considered completed.
  • SkullburnSkullburn Member Posts: 25
    I had the same problem. I completed the Kivan quest (validated the quest from the flaming fist officer in the beregost inn), and still has the same problem. In my case, the conversation with Dorn started after a fast travel. I was quick enough to press pause after the travel, kick kivan out, listen to the story, and take him back.