Skip to content

Edwin and choosing sides (big spoilers inside)

Ok I am playing an evil group with Dorn and Hexxat and was planning on using Edwin but I was also thinking about siding with Bhodi this time (seems to fit with Hexxat in the group) but I'm thinking I probably can't do both - can I? Is Edwin only available when choosing the Thieves Guild?

Comments

• ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    You can recruit Edwin and side with Bodhi, but you have to complete the Mae'var questline before starting Chapter 3.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Unless your character is from the thief class/kit section, then Bodhi will not allow you to side with her (with the most stupid reason ever made to justify the act, but then...).
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    kamuizin said:

Unless your character is from the thief class/kit section, then Bodhi will not allow you to side with her (with the most stupid reason ever made to justify the act, but then...).

Well she is a rogue (Skald) is that going to be counted as a thief?

• ErinneErinne Member Posts: 151
    Bards can side with Bodhi. The reason thieves can't is that they would be unable to obtain or manage their stronghold if they didn't ally with the Shadow Thieves. Bards get a different stronghold so there's no conflict.
    Erinne said:

Bards can side with Bodhi. The reason thieves can't is that they would be unable to obtain or manage their stronghold if they didn't ally with the Shadow Thieves. Bards get a different stronghold so there's no conflict.

Which is fun taking in fact Bodhi is trying to convert lots of thieves from the shadow thieves but would not recruit Char Name cos he's a ... thief.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @kamuizin, I've never played a Charname thief, but, since, if you consider that Bhodi doesn't care about "thieves", and actually plans to either eat them, have her minions eat them, or forward them to Irenicus to have their bodies killed and souls absorbed into the final goal of absorbing the souls of

all the thief "recruits" into a big old "energy jar" of souls, for the express purpose of ripping Charname's soul out of him or her, and into Irenicus, and ripping Imoen's soul out, and into Bhodi

and that any thief Charname who sided with Bhodi would be by definition screwed, I see this little programming mechanics tweak as being something we might call "idiot-proofing" the main storyline for a thief Charname.
    Yes, the intent is to preserve the thief stronghold, however in some play games i just don't give much care for the thief stronghold and Bodhi imediate refusal to thief main char seems sometimes as a lack of opportunity, i ponder exist a mod to change this.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    That's funny, I just played my first evil playthrough and sided with Bodhi. But I had the thieves stronghold in chapter 2, but got so annoyed with it I just let it fail. I didn't realize u couldn't side with her while running it.

It was my first thief stronghold, and am never doing it again. In fact, it annoyed me to such a level that I had no qualms at all betraying the shadow thieves. How dare they give me such a tedious stronghold!!
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    It makes sense. If you have the guildhall, you've proven to be one of Aran Linvail's trusted lieutenants. Letting such a powerful assassin in to her graces is inviting a stake in the back.

It's not really any different than just handing over the money to the thieves. You get locked in to a zone of 'do not trust'.

Really it all comes down to Bodhi making a bad sales pitch. She should have offered passage for free and played it off as 'Irenicus has many enemies, and you seem capable enough to hurt him'. Not like they were hurting for gold.