Skip to content

"In Watcher's Keep did Aesgareth a stately pleasure game decree,

a Deck of Many Things therewith,
from caverns measureless to Gith,
for Sceptre gem number three."

So, I've played the game for the Spectral Brand 30 times, wagering the way out. 11 games I get the Plague card and 19 times I've drawn the Strife card. Aesgareth has drawn better each time. Does this suggest that the Spectral Brand is only won against a wager of XP or vitality? Or is a sample size of 30 too small?

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I wagered vitality both times and got both the Spectral Brand and the Wish scroll first time. Not a single reload needed...
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Yep! I wagered experience and i got the wish scroll and the spectral brand :D but i MUST say that i have reloaded some times before Winning the first match.

Strife as a first card and strenght as a second one.

If you ask me, the genasi wizard that made that deck was an a**hole and not a genius!
  • XcidiumXcidium Member Posts: 22
    FYI, I ended up wagering xp first and winning the sword, then lost for the wish scroll and lost for the way out.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Well i hope that al least you have take your revenge on Aesgareth. Its a Cambion after all! He deserve some holy wrath ;)
  • athanasathanas Member Posts: 27
    As far as I know you can bid anything (experience, vitality or even way free). I have bid experience and I have won (after many reloads). The important is following:
    *you can have "Strife" or "Plague"
    *Aesgareth can have "Triumph" or "Construct"

To win, you have to get "Strife" and Aesgareth has to get "Triumph" (Strife will beat Triumph).
  • athanasathanas Member Posts: 27
    edited May 2015
    Here is list of cards with its effects (listed from the lowest to the highest value):

Plague (Reduces constitution to 6)
    Triumph (Summons four warriors)
    Guile (Summons assassins)
    Defiance (Flame strike hits cardholder)
    Strife (Slowed effect until a remove curse spell is cast)
    High priestess (Silenced until a remove curse spell is cast)
    Empress (True sight effect for seven days)
    Emperor (Immune to all mind effects for seven days)
    Construct (Summons adamantine golem)
    Strength (Reduces strength to 6 until a remove curse spell is cast)
    Wheel (Spell effect, but it does nothing)