Skip to content

Lovetalk variable automatically reset or disappear

Hello. This is a bug I encountered in my 2 playthroughs. Maybe it is already posted. If that's the case then please feel free to delete this topic.

In my first playthrough, I was romancing both Aerie and Jaheira. Before chapter 3, Jaheira's lovetalk variable was 15 and Aerie's was 19. But upon entering chapter 3, Jaheira's dialogue somehow reset to the first one ("So, where to now, fearless leader? ") I checked with EE Keeper. Apparently her lovetalk variable was reset, and Aerie's completely disappeared.

The second time happened on Dorn. In the tanner's basement, Dorn confessed his love. Amusingly Edwin also chose this time to discover the super secret of Nether scroll. The simultaneous plots caused a bug forcing me to reload and do other quests instead. After a while, Dorn's romance dialogue reset to the first one like Jaheira in my last playthrough.

The lovetalk problem can be fixed with EE Keeper, so it's not a too severe problem. Yet I think you should know this. Thanks for your work!