Skip to content

Can't continue Tutorial

Create a new character, female ½ elf Druid, during conversation am given a weapon I am suppose to equip. Which clearly states it's NOT usable by a Druid so I can't equip it, and thus the "guy" won't continue the tutorial, keep telling me I haven't equipped my weapon yet ????

Comments

• HemosHemos Member Posts: 1
    This happening to me too. I have a monk, which actually can use the dagger that Belt gives me. But after I equip it, he tells me that I haven't equiped it. I am using the Android version.
    Nick_Marchetti
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Hemos said:

This happening to me too. I have a monk, which actually can use the dagger that Belt gives me. But after I equip it, he tells me that I haven't equiped it. I am using the Android version.

If you speak to him after he tells you that, he'll detect the equipped weapon as expected.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Create a new character, female ½ elf Druid, during conversation am given a weapon I am suppose to equip. Which clearly states it's NOT usable by a Druid so I can't equip it, and thus the "guy" won't continue the tutorial, keep telling me I haven't equipped my weapon yet ????

I made a report thread on the forums, it should get updated, but i think it wasn't registered for android too.
  • Turbine2k5Turbine2k5 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having a similar issue. NPC gives me a mace that needs 10 STR to equip, but my Dwarf Priest only has 8!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

I'm having a similar issue. NPC gives me a mace that needs 10 STR to equip, but my Dwarf Priest only has 8!

This will be fixed in the upcoming patch; you won't get a weapon that you can't equip (exception: characters with Strength 3).
    CaloNordCrevsDaak
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I think we can safely assume no one has a character with 3 strength? They wouldn't be able to carry said weapon anyway :P
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Dee‌ maybe patch in some weapons for the Tutorial? Something like a TTDAGG01.ITM, and Unsellable dagger with no STR requirement, and a staff for Clerics. Seems to me like a reasonable idea to easily stop this bug :P
    CaloNord said:

I think we can safely assume no one has a character with 3 strength? They wouldn't be able to carry said weapon anyway :P

With 3 STR you can carry 15 Ibs.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited June 2014
    Oh my. Well. So I can have a staff... or a helmet... which do I think would be more useful against Firkraag...
    CrevsDaak said:

@Dee‌ maybe patch in some weapons for the Tutorial? Something like a TTDAGG01.ITM, and Unsellable dagger with no STR requirement, and a staff for Clerics. Seems to me like a reasonable idea to easily stop this bug :P

Yea. I can't see why but some people like to play characters with oddities like having 3 strength :)
  • Nick_MarchettiNick_Marchetti Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Dee said:

If you speak to him after he tells you that, he'll detect the equipped weapon as expected.

This isn't the case for me. I also have a monk (also in the Android version). The dagger is equipped, but he keeps telling me that it's not.