Skip to content

Random thoughts, new BG2EE run blah blah blah ...

AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
1) Vercingetorix: 9 berserker/ x mage using longswords for black blade of disaster ... this is the bhaalspawn will fall to evil in the trials, 18 wis cause I never before abused the wish

2) Hypatia: cavalier using axes and bastard swords, offhanding defender of easthaven, the furtive/futile guardian of bhaalspawn, pretty tanky can probably heal while standing in fire maybe she can use a certain club lol

3) Mavia: ranger/cleric flails and maces ... tanky and sucked up all the wisdom tomes so she can manage her duties

4) Brienne: halfling fighter/thief quarterstaves (early backstab game), halberds (just for fun), two handed swords (carsomyr + G.W.W. lol's) probably the weakest party member but still useful late for the above mentioned and hardiness I haven't used in a long time gonna see how it is, her saves are top notch not that that is very important heh

5) Imoen; Yeah i'm bringing her along for kicks and she is so god haunted, tormented she should see the end of it all, she can summon planetars and drop comets for me anyday

got any blah blah blah for me? Happy New Year btw ;D

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Welp, just learned that Vercingetix... Vercingorx... V-man is a real person. I thought you got that one out of some ridiculous name generator :p

btw, you don't need to actually put points in long sword for the blade. When you wield it, it gives you grand mastery. But long swords aren't a bad choice anyways.
  • AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    Holy crap the spell disintegrates it's victims lol kinda bad cause no loot D:
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125

If we're throwing out the loot, might as well turn 'em to stone, eh? Nothing is more satisfying than turning an enemy to stone and then smashing them into a million pieces. Or if you're feeling generous then you can leave them there to decorate the scene. :D

Have to put on a brave face one day and try this :D
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    edited January 2014
    nano said:

Welp, just learned that Vercingetix... Vercingorx... V-man is a real person. I thought you got that one out of some ridiculous name generator :p

Did you never read the Asterix and Obelix books as a kid? Asterix taught me 50% of what I know about Roman/Gaulish history. The other 50% comes from the HBO programme Rome. Vercingetorix features in both.

Sometimes I wonder if I should use factual sources for information, but reading comics and watching TV is much more fun. The truly scary thing is that I know more about Roman history than the majority of people just from TV and Asterix. *facepalm*
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Sadly no, we watched a little bit of Asterix and Obelix in class but that was the extent of my exposure.
    edited January 2014
    I added Jaheira to that party, why not she gets her iron skins and insect swarm and semi nice hla's later and staves are bad ass! A little bit of hanky panky and trouble with the harpers also lands me a nice ring of wizardry yeaah! Presently she is using black blood and belm oh nice we are just about to enter D'arnise Estate so perfect :D
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I do like Jaheira. Her biggest problem is that she's a multclass druid and her development stalls completely midway through SOA.
    edited January 2014
    Jaheira does develop quite nicely though. I noticed she is infact one of the few multiclass npc's that can actually achieve 10 apr with improved haste, gauntlets of improved weapon specialization and belm in the offhand. Alternately she can load up with staff of the ram and whirlwind and with her stoneskins and party buffs she's a real gem. I'll be forced to take her in an evil party because viconia has much more limited use and is more specialized as a pure cleric mind you she can just turn liches lol. I like to give all the nice weapons and such a good home you know :D
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212

ice storm can also freeze enemies, then they explode into chunks and no loot either :*(

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    elminster said:

If you turn off gore in the settings it will stop you from losing loot from freezing, petrification. disintegration etc.
    You beauty @elminster! I did not know this... you just opened up a bunch more spells for me!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited February 2014
    abacus said:

elminster said:

If you turn off gore in the settings it will stop you from losing loot from freezing, petrification. disintegration etc.
    You beauty @elminster! I did not know this... you just opened up a bunch more spells for me!
    For the record it was reported through official channels as a bug awhile ago. So I can't say that in the case of future patches this will always work.