Skip to content

BG:EE - random freezes

KillomKillom Member Posts: 2
edited January 2014 in Windows PC (Archive)
Hey Folks,

got a annoying problem here with BG:EE [Steam Version]:

When I play it on my PC, I get random freezes after a while of playing. More exactly:

When a random amount of playing time passed by, the game begins to stutter and freeze after some seconds. The ambient/ background sounds still keep playing and Windows reports a "Application not responding anymore" message. Still playing that sounds after confirming this message. The freeze seems to appear independent from any game context - just random. Can not kill process, process will be kept on top - have to restart PC to get back to desktop.

My PC config:

CPU: AMD 1090T
MBO: GA-890FXA-UD5 (Rev 2.1)
RAM: 8GIG
GPU: AMD 6950 2GB (Catalyst 13.12 - latest drivers so far)
SPU: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Edition (PAX Drivers)

Other: Dual-Monitor setup. Each running @ 1920 x 1200 (DisplayPort)

BG:EE runs perfect on my Laptop. (similar setup - but with Intel/nVidia instead of AMD GPU and no Creative SPU, single monitor, i3 CPU)

I personally suspect either an AMD GPU related problem or a Creative SPU specific one.

Does anybody have similar problems with such setup or better: got an solution for this problem ?

Any help appreciated !

Regards,
Killom

Comments

• KillomKillom Member Posts: 2
    Addendum:

The Game doesn't freeze when the audio drivers are uninstalled, and the card cannot be used.
    So it seems to be an Creative related problem. Maybe the drivers are bad, or the card is defective. Will make further testings.

Problem solved - for the moment.