Skip to content

NEED ANOTHER WAY TO SUPPORT THIS PROJECT

SirCumferenceSirCumference Member Posts: 35
Hey everyone, ever since I heard about this project I was very excited. I then of course lost a little bit of excitement like a lot of people did when they heard the list of what cannot be changed. This is not the focus of my post so please don't take it as my focus it's only a personal side concern that is not a must for me.

I would really like to have some other ways that are relatively easy to 'donate' or help support this project. I know you can just buy more copies of the game but I'm thinking something a little more direct. Like a fund you can directly 'donate' to for something like obtaining additional licensing for the game to allow more changes. Or simply support the current project. I would personally donate extra money straight to the current team members working on the project just for support but if it was possible I would really like to try to start a fund or movement to obtain more licensing freedom with the developer or even to help a mod project team.

I'm very excited to get to play through my favorite games again with more fixes and little extra content but I think we can support something even more than that. Maybe this can't be openly discussed on the forums by the team working on this, if that's so let's take this conversation to another venue.

Comments

• DiscoCatDiscoCat Member Posts: 73
    Spread the word; convince your buddies and/or family to buy it as well so you can play together. That's what I plan to do (just waiting for Overhaul team to spill some more info before I pull the trigger on BGEE myself).
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Same, I will convince 4-6 buddies to buy it.
  • SirCumferenceSirCumference Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2012
    I already try to promote purchasing the game. I'm talking about some other project with some other means of support, a way for someone like me to contribute other than just buying the game.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I'm sure if you send the Devs a check they will accept it.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Delvarian said:

I'm sure if you send the Devs a check they will accept it.

So will the beta testers.

edited August 2012
    Yea but what address to send it to? How do you know the devs are the ones actually getting the money?

If there was some way to direct people to a link they could click on with maybe a paypal transaction of maybe $5 - $10 at a time or something it would be much easier to promote to others.
  • agentmulderagentmulder Member Posts: 114
    Why do you not buy some copies and donate to your friends?

Make some new e-mails just to this, and gift the username/password to people you like or people who can't afford but want to play it.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Let them give DLC a good name. I mean that.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    This thread is just odd
    edited August 2012
    What's so odd about it? The company is trying to reach a goal monatarily. No different than independant investors donating to a compaign fund, and if it supports and extra content or mods totally worth it.
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    You can always buy a copy on each platform or as @agentmulder said buy extra copies and gift them to friends