Skip to content

Primary Stat for Monk?

mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
I was just wondering what the primary stat for the Monk was. Specifically in regards to the Deck of Many Things bonus…

Also, does anyone know if the following results for Hell Tears still apply:

Tears of Bhaal Choices.
FEAR TEAR (the Nymph cloak)
Good: Immunity to +1 weapons or less
Evil: +2 CON

SELFISHNESS TEAR (sacrifice for companion)
Good: +10 resistance to magic, -1 to DEX.
Evil: +2 to your AC

GREED TEAR (the Blackrazor sword)
Good: +2 to all saving throws
Evil: +15 to HP

PRIDE TEAR (the dragon)
Good: +20% resistances to fire, cold and electricity
Evil: Gain 200,000 experience

WRATH TEAR (Sarevok)
Good: +1 to WIS and CHA
Evil: +2 to STR, +1 to primary stat.

Thank you!

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Something i would like to know, is if the Hell Trias are still turning the main char alignment to evil if one of the trials is made on the evil way.
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    So do I, but the other way around: If I turn my character good, if going with one of the good options.
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    I'm not sure what the rule-mandated primary stat for the Monk is in the game, so I can't help you there. You could probably find out by rolling up a new Monk and looking at the kit info on character creation, though.

I believe the Bhaal's Tears trials were kept intact but the evil Wrath tear now only gives a flat +2 STR bonus. Apparently the primary stat bonus was unintentional and subject to some bugs.

I also believe that the evil Selfishness tear is currently bugged. The AC bonus is incorrectly applied as a base AC change which gets lost if any armor/AC bracers are equipped.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    For the Star card, I think clerics and druids gets WIS, mages get INT, bards and thieves get DEX, and everyone else gets STR. That's based on my limited ability to read the dlg file.
  • CromcakesCromcakes Member Posts: 11
    my monk, not rasaad, is getting 65+ damage criticals with the magic belt which gives him 21str.

it seems the monk is just a dps machine, and that str far outways agl. I cannot verify this though sorry.
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    Monk is like any other melee fighter when it comes to stats. STR matters most for thac0 and damage. con to 16 (not 18 since monk is a priest with d8 Hit die and has not benefit beyond 16 con). Dex to 18 for max AC.

Unlike pnp, wisdom has no benefit for a monk. Int and Cha also have no benefit other than what they do for all classes (lore and reaction adjustment respectively).
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    kamuizin said:

Something i would like to know, is if the Hell Trias are still turning the main char alignment to evil if one of the trials is made on the evil way.

Yes. And the reverse for evil taking good options still diesn't apply. BG2 is great but not consistent... :)

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Skaffen said:

kamuizin said:

Yes. And the reverse for evil taking good options still diesn't apply. BG2 is great but not consistent... :)

It is in fact, after all you're in the Abyss, something in the abyss changing you to good seems a bit strange in fact.

Monks should receive something from high wisdom.
    booinyoureyesjackjack