Skip to content

A request for the beta testers

CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
I was hoping one of the guys on the beta team would be able to answer a quick question for me. Is it possible for exported character files from BGT/Tutu to be imported into the current builds of BG:EE?

I'm just wondering if it's possible for me to pre-roll a couple of characters and save time rerolling on release day.
Post edited by Corvino on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Your question is pretty harmless but we do have to sign NDA's.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Ah, nevermind then. Cheers Tanthalas.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    This question has been up numerous times though, and it would be nice to get a definite answer about what to expect at some point before attempting it yourself on release day.
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Tanthalas said:

Your question is pretty harmless but we do have to sign NDA's.

Will it be an open-beta soon?

@JonelethIrenicus

I'm not one of the developers, but I doubt it. BGEE isn't an online game, so making an open beta would basically mean letting everyone download the full BGEE to their computers.
    Tanthalas said:

@JonelethIrenicus

I'm not one of the developers, but I doubt it. BGEE isn't an online game, so making an open beta would basically mean letting everyone download the full BGEE to their computers.

True, didn't really think about that. May I ask how some people got choosen to the closed Beta? I'm asking because I never saw any information about it.
    /shrug

I guessed they invited people that were around longer and also some of the more well-known modders. I don't think there was any kind of applications.
    /shrug

I guessed they invited people that were around longer and also some of the more well-known modders. I don't think there was any kind of applications.
    I see. Well I didn't have any desire to be a tester because of all the work I got and to be honest I rather have people that know what to do in a beta so the game comes out in good shape.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I don't recall getting an invite.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Damnit, every time I see this thread, I assume it is one of the developers lamenting thier lack of beta testers and begging us for volunteers. Then I click and get disappointed.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @ajwz I've changed the title to be less confusing, it's now obviously a request made to existing beta testers.