Skip to content

More talk, less action!!

TigersagTigersag Member Posts: 52
So I woke up this morning after the alignment discussion I created yesterday and creating a neutral evil character though I normally play Lawful Good Paladins. I've played the original game, I think about halfway through and just started playing again when I realized today that a character of any alignment might have a reason to "talk their way" out of a situation. It's usually only available for good characters who don't want to kill anyone needlessly but wouldn't it be cool if there was an appropriate talk option for every alignment in at least certain quests? or maybe even to turn Good party members in to evil ones? twisting their beliefs.. bribing them.. feeding them all that love horse cr..

Also I wonder if it would be possible to put it in a commercial title and if, in terms of dialogue lines, it would top the world record of voice acting held by Knights of the old republic if I'm not mistaken (200.000 lines of voice acting)

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Cool, but make those 200.000 lines voice acted in all supported language versions.... IF Overhaul will ever really support these, that is.
  • TigersagTigersag Member Posts: 52
    @zelgadis well voice acting is not exactly a necesity.. I'd settle for more dialogue options in text too and maybe there's a way to write those 500.000 lines with the help of volunteers? Wikipedia worked..
  • KenethKeneth Member Posts: 57
    Wikipedia also took years before it become an invaluable resource. Is this a feature request for BG:EE:EE? :P

I do share your sentiment though. Evil alignments are very poorly handled in the game. Then again, the vast majority of players don't really know how to play evil characters, aside from playing Stupid Evil, which is also more or less the only supported way of playing evil in the game. I guess being the child of the god of murder doesn't help.

Anyway, a fellow modder and I have recently decided to plan a fairly large project which would cover what you're describing, as well as many other issues. Editing many of the game's dialogs is an enormous undertaking though, so I'm not entirely sure when both of us are gonna find enough time. Maybe getting volunteers to help out isn't such a bad idea.