Skip to content

What kind of wild surge is this ?

AnotherLifeAnotherLife Member Posts: 115
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/v0et7LY.jpg[/IMG]

:-)

EDIT: What the heck no img tag support ?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    It's... the weird kind?

As for the image tag, this forum uses something weird. < img src="full link to your image" > I think it is, without the spaces mind you.
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    That Rindus reference is oddly familiar. I'm almost certain that in the olden days playing vanilla BG2, I saw that talk pop up off-screen while playing the Underdark illithid lair (or it could have been during the sewers illithid lair - I'm kinda leaning towards the sewers here). I remember it because it was so odd, and had nothing to do with the quest.
  • XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78

That's a dialog.tlk issue. What mods did you install? Uninstall them for a bug free gaming experience.

At this point, BG2EE is anything but "bug free".
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    That Rindus guy is part of the plot about the Fallen Paladins in the Bridge district of Athkatla. Definetly some sort of messed up bug.
  • ShareazuShareazu Member Posts: 51
    Yeah, it's probably a dialog.tlk issue, probably related to one or more conflicting or incorrectly installed mods, myfriend... i had similar problems in my games, but they involved the description of some armors and potion cases.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    I have had the same wild surge multiple times, yet I don't think I'm playing with any mods.
  • FerozbanFerozban Member Posts: 31
    i had this exact wild surge once too and i'm playing without mods so far.
    this is simply part of the vanilly bg2ee version.
    i dont think it does anything. its simply a voice from the void :D as you may call it.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    That is a weird one. The dialogue is from Reynald de Chattilon speaking to Rindus at the start of the Fallen Paladins quest (historical sidebar: Reynald was a real person, a notoriously violent and cruel Crusader, so his inclusion as a fallen paladin is a historical injoke. Users here may recognise the man from the film Kingdom of Heaven, where he's a fairly important supporting character, and the game Age of Empires 2 in which he's the villain for two missions in Saladin's campaign).

Wonder what number is bugged that that should be coming up instead of the real effect!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Got the same wild surge, probally a line miswrote in the strings of the game. No mods installed here, game in vanilla state.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got it in the wild surge room in watcher's keep level 3 with Haer'Dalis.