Skip to content

Another aligment question but a simple one..

I have this neutral good fighter character, but let's say I don't play the alignment right and slide off to another one, what exactly IS the penalty as described in the game? Will I loose ability?

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    There's no penalty, people will just hate you and maybe attack if your rep is really low. You can't change your alignment except under very special circumstances. Also if you were a paladin or ranger you would lose your abilities when your rep goes too low.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The only point in the game where your alignment can actually change is under exceptional circumstances close to the end of Shadows of Amn, as @nano says. You will be in a rather unusual location and have a very specific set of tasks demanded of you that can be completed in either "Good" or "Evil" ways - if you choose the evil route in *any* of these quests your alignment is set to Neutral Evil.

Your reputation (but not alignment) does have a role in determining what special abilities you gain at certain points in BG1:EE - if your rep is 8 or lower you get more offensive spells, 9 or higher and you gain heals and self-buffs.
  • TigersagTigersag Member Posts: 52
    thanks.. that was helpful..