Skip to content

paladin players

Does an inquisitor's dispel magic become redundant upon obtaining carsomyr/gem of trueseeing? I am looking to create a inquisitor or cavalier. Seems like the cavalier resistances and immunities might be better long term?

Comments

• enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    edited January 2014
    No. Dispel Magic can be used on your party, it can dispel in an area and from a distance, it will pretty much never fail when used by an inquisitor, and most importantly: A target that is immune to Carsomyr (Protection from Magical Weapons) will still get its ass kicked by DM.

Let's mention liches in particular. They're immune to <6th level spells, so you can't use Breach against them. Either you endure them while you wait out their protections or you steamroll them because you have an inquisitor.

Note however that while I do feel that inquisitor > cavalier, I am not addressing that whole issue here, just the benefits of Dispel Magic :)
  • proghead3proghead3 Member Posts: 65
    The inquisitor is consistently powerful from level 1 to 34. It is definitely my favorite class in the game as it rips annoying wizards to shreds. My only annoyances with the class are that (1) it can't turn undead and (2) it is redundant as one of the best npcs is an inquisitor (though it may be hard to keep him for RP reasons).
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Gem of trueseeing??

The Inquisitor's quick-casting True Sight is also really nice against stab-happy thieves. The mage, cleric and thief versions aren't fast enough to intercept a rogue before they stick a knife in someone.