Skip to content

Have I level capped?

Hey guys,

I'm currently running around in the Watcher's Keep and I just hit a level with Mazzy that would put her at Level 20 (she's at 3001180 exp). However, when I try and level her, the accept button is grayed out and I have no points to spend anywhere. Is it safe to say that she is level capped until ToB or is this something else? Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    if you are playing bgee you should not be capped at 20. if you are playing vanilla SOA without TOB level cap is 2.95 million so possibly?
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    Have you selected the abilities?
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited January 2014
    @AcridSyphilis If he was playing vanilla BG without ToB, he couldn't be in Watcher's Keep. Other than that, I would look just as JLee suggested. You can't accept new level without selecting new HLA.
  • billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66
    Bottom right panel, click "Abilities".
  • lothos1103lothos1103 Member Posts: 20
    @billygreat @JLee Oooooohhhhhhh, I've never had to use that button before. Took me for a loop. Thanks a bunch guys! My newb-ness is extrordinaire! :P
  • lothos1103lothos1103 Member Posts: 20
    My next question now is, now that I'm looking at all of Mazzy's Ablilities, do moves like Power Attack and Whirlwind work with Missile weapons? Reason being is that Mazzy is primarily one of my ranged damage dealers and I rarely have her as a frontliner. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959

@billygreat @JLee Oooooohhhhhhh, I've never had to use that button before. Took me for a loop. Thanks a bunch guys! My newb-ness is extrordinaire! :P

@lothos1103
    LOL
    I struggled with that for a bit when I first hit HLAs too. Was sure it was a bug! XD
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    To my recollection, unless stated otherwise they do work with melee weapons. Power Attack is largely irrelevant however, it's just a stepping stone to the vastly superior Critical Strike.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    See parallel thread on selecting warrior class HLAs, and yes they work with ranged.

https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28598/help-choosing-high-level-abilities-for-stalker