Skip to content

Do I know that spell?

jqspinjqspin Member Posts: 7
I don't know if this has been posted before, but it would be nice being able to go into the store and have some kind of indication whether or not you already have a spell in your spellbook from the store menu. It's a pain when you buy a scroll only to realize that you already know it.

Comments

• djcdjc Member Posts: 76
    Hmmm, maybe the feature "6639: Spells that can be written into the mage’s spellbook now display a green overlay" listed at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27150/beta-update-12-9-2013/p1 will address this. I hope.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014
    As djc pointed out BGEE's beta (which you can sign up for if you own the game from Beamdog) already has it. So I imagine it will be included in BG2EE at some point. The way it works now is green = you don't yet know it and red=you can't learn it because its your opposite school.
  • jqspinjqspin Member Posts: 7
    elminster said:

As djc pointed out BGEE's beta (which you can sign up for if you own the game from Beamdog) already has it. So I imagine it will be included in BG2EE at some point. The way it works now is green = you don't yet know it and red=you can't learn it because its your opposite school.

Does this show in the shop menu's or just in your inventory screen? Both?

The red and green around the spell would be perfect.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014
    Sorry didn't see your latest post here. Next time tag me with @elminster so I see that you've posted.

It shows up in both.