Skip to content

Help choosing High Level Abilities for Stalker

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Probably Power Attack or Whirlwind Attack for a first pick. Power Attack isn't spectacular on its own, but it lets you take Critical Strike on your next HLA which is a good alternative to Greater Whirlwind. Whether you stack bunches of Critical Strike or Greater Whirlwind is going to depend largely on your build (low APR benefits most from GWW) but I like taking a few from both regardless.

Hardiness is also a great pick but not as essential as Greater Whirlwind or Critical Strike. Definitely stack up on these once you've got 1-2 of the others.

I haven't really fooled with the other HLA's. War Cry is garbage, and Smite's knockback seems like it has no real tactical use. (Greater) Deathblow is pretty limited (you're going to be able to kill most enemies it affects with GWW or Critical Strike) but it can instakill Mind Flayers and Beholders so you can take a couple if you want. Resist Magic can be good if you don't have many MR-boosting items, but I would focus more on physical defenses since that gives me the most trouble.

Tracking is also kind of a garbage pick, since Detect Evil basically accomplishes the same thing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Crit strike, because crit strike + backstab is a hell of an opener.

Whirlwind, whatever... as you say, you're dual wielding. I'd get a crit strike or two and then lots and lots of hardiness. You can't deal damage if you're dead, after all.

Smite can be good for splitting up tough groups but it's rather situational.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Heck yeah! It's like having a x8 multiplier. You backstab even better than a thief.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    If you regularly use improved haste and dual wield go critical strike and pick up whirlwinds later. If you don't and use twohanders the opposite.

Keep in mind that you can whirlwind ranged weapons as well. 10 poison bolts or arrows crimp any mages style! :)