Skip to content

Wish spell: Effect of wisom >18?

Hi,
internet consensus seems to be that wis 18 is required to use wish spell safely. But what is the effect of wis >18? Is it beneficial to have that or is there no difference?

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    18 seems to be high enough to have the best chance of good options. 19 or 25 don't give you better chance.
  • BronxHBronxH Member Posts: 18
    I dont know about the exact Wisdom check but with 19 WIS my Sorcerer always get at least 3 powerful options from the Djinni.
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    I have 20 in wisdom and often i don't get a powerfull option from the Djinni (well i considered powerful option only double Time stop + double alacrity or remomerized all the spells ;)
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2014
    I was curious too so I looked into this. Based on the dialog script for wish I'm pretty confident there's no effect for wisdom above 18.

I think you'll find this interesting as well, for a in-depth look at the mechanics:

http://www.freewebs.com/frankmajere/TobScriptActions_EN.html#SetupWish

If I'm understanding it right we should be able to check whether it's RandomNum(2,1) or some other value like (3,1) by looking at how often the double time stop comes up for an 18+ wis caster.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited January 2014
    Thanks, at least from the header of the column it looks like 18 is the max. Next level for my sorceress wish it is!
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    There's only 2 wish scrolls right? So with my 3 caster party I guess I'm giving the WK one to Neera since she can already use it and waiting til TOB to give it to CHARNAME since Imoen has worse wisdom? I guess I'll just use potions if Neera casts it.

I just realized that you can get rest and rememorize with 15-17 wisdom at almost the same odds as at 18 wisdom based on that list you linked...
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2014
    Actually, I think there are four with BG2:EE.

2 in Watcher's Keep (Aesgareth and Nalmissra)
    1 in Saradush (bought from Lazarus)
    1 in Thay Arena (bought from scroll store during Neera's questline)
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Jarleale said:

Actually, I think there are four with BG2:EE.

2 in Watcher's Keep (Aesgareth and Nalmissra)
    1 in Saradush (bought from Lazarus)
    1 in Thay Arena (bought from scroll store during Neera's questline)

Thanks!

I guess I can give it to both Neera and Imoen then. I doubt Charname as a multiclass will get level 9 spells before TOB...