Skip to content

F/M/C -> solo run what items give him?

what would you dressed F / M / C on a solo run? my idea:
Helm of Balduran (final) switch with valhior only for clone
Amulet of Power(final)
Bracers of Defense AC 3 ->Xarrnous(+traco)->legacy of masters-> Gauntlets of Extraordinary spec. (final)
Boots of Avoidance until Boots of Speed(final)
Robe of the Archmagi until vecna(final)
Girdle of Hill Giant Strength until Belt of Inertial Barrier(final)
Ring of Regeneration and Ring of Protection +2 until Ring of Gaxx and Ring of Protection +3(watcher's keep)(final)
Cloak of the Sewers-> don't have idea for switch;/
2 weapons stayl flails plus sling:
right hand: The Sleeper +2 and left hand Wyvern's Tail +2 sling-> Sling of Seeking +2 until everard + Shield of Harmony +2
final-> RH:Flail of Ages +3-5 and LH: defender of easthaven sling-> Errine + Darksteel Shield +4
Gem of seeing plus iron horn of valhaala plus efreeiti bottle
do you have any suggestions to make changes?

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Where is this gem of seeing?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    nano said:

Somewhere you can't get during a solo run :D
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited January 2014
    elminster said:

nano said:

Somewhere you can't get during a solo run :D
    oki i get npc for extra item but that all;P and yoshim for extra xp from trap and irenicus;)
    from traps and open lock with yoshimo i get 300000 xp split to them in athkatla ;) nice bust from start;)
    Post edited by Dzuk5 on
    If you are soloing why do you need the gem of seeing? You'll gain access to True Sight/Seeing easily enough through your mage and cleric levels.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    edited January 2014
    Dzuk5 said:

Robe of the Archmagi until vecna(final)
    Girdle of Hill Giant Strength until Belt of Inertial Barrier(final)
    Ring of Regeneration and Ring of Protection +2 until Ring of Gaxx and Ring of Protection +3(watcher's keep)(final)
    Cloak of the Sewers-> don't have idea for switch;/

-Why even bother with buying a Robe of the Archmagi or the Girdle of Hill Giant strength when you can just buy Vecna and the Belt of Internal Barrier? You don't really need a strength girdle anyway when you have DUHM.
    -You won't get a Ring of Regeneration until chapter 4 since you can't pickpocket Ribald. I suggest getting the Ring of Wizardry from the mage stronghold (you might have to wait a while though). You only have 3 level 6 castings and 2 level 7 castings at exp cap so help here would be good. You can't guarantee the RoP+3 so I'd just suggest Gaxx.
    -For the same reasons I'd suggest the Circlet of Netheril once you get to ToB.
    -For the cloak go with either Mirroring or CoP+2.
    -I wouldn't bother buying the Sleeper tbh.
    -Get a Rod of Resurrection for healing purposes.
    edited January 2014
    ryuken87 said:

Dzuk5 said:

-Why even bother with buying a Robe of the Archmagi or the Girdle of Hill Giant strength when you can just buy Vecna and the Belt of Internal Barrier? You don't really need a strength girdle anyway when you have DUHM.
    -You won't get a Ring of Regeneration until chapter 4 since you can't pickpocket Ribald. I suggest getting the Ring of Wizardry from the mage stronghold (you might have to wait a while though). You only have 3 level 6 castings and 2 level 7 castings at exp cap so help here would be good. You can't guarantee the RoP+3 so I'd just suggest Gaxx.
    -For the same reasons I'd suggest the Circlet of Netheril once you get to ToB.
    -For the cloak go with either Mirroring or CoP+2.
    -I wouldn't bother buying the Sleeper tbh.
    -Get a Rod of Resurrection for healing purposes.
    - play with mods SCS and few more I set the price for the rescue Imoen is 100000 and the license for Spellcasting 25000. So i start witch cheap item and i don't whant get vecna from start it whould be to easy;) i need girdle becouse my charnem has 11 str. on lvl 10/11/10 spells are to weak. now i don't needed lvl 15/14/15

-yes i can't get it but my ferret can;P so lovely creature:)

-that could be a good ideas thanks
    edited January 2014
    elminster said:

If you are soloing why do you need the gem of seeing? You'll gain access to True Sight/Seeing easily enough through your mage and cleric levels.

with SCS mod this spell is price less, the more the better and 1 save spell slot;)
    And spell casting time is faster
    Post edited by Dzuk5 on
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Since you're neutral alignment then I *think* the only Robe of the Neutral Archmagi in SoA is from the merchant in the Red Wizard Enclave meaning you would have to do most of Neera's quest. In all honesty though it's not great at all for the money you pay and since you're gimping yourself goldwise I'd skip it altogether.
    i get one from mods if i don't have it would us robe of fire
    edited January 2014
    nano said:

rassad quest trial in monastery
    Gem of seeing (can cast true sight once per day) - Complete trial of blinding

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23853/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-bg2ee-spoilers/p1
    Dzuk5 said:

elminster said:

with SCS mod this spell is price less, the more the better and 1 save spell slot;)
    And spell casting time is faster
    Well you never said you were playing SCS (before I posted that). In the vanilla game it wouldn't be nearly as valuable if you were using the Robe of Vecna + Amulet of Power because the spell would have a casting time of 3 then.