Skip to content

Can I get Hexxat if I play Thief? *SPOILERS*

soupatroopersoupatrooper Member Posts: 6
Hi All,

I would like to play thief, and I've the impression from reading somewhere its not possible as I have to side with Bodhi against the Shadow thieves, which a thief kit can't. I can't find that information again, can someone please verify this? Many thanks!
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• soupatroopersoupatrooper Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,

I would like to play thief, and I've the impression from reading somewhere its not possible as I have to side with Bodhi against the Shadow thieves, which a thief kit can't. I can't find that information again, can someone please verify this? Many thanks!
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    It's ok to have Hexxat and still side with the shadow thieves.

Not sure if they fixed the rule where you couldn't pick Bodhi if you were a thief.
  • djenindjenin Member Posts: 10
    You can side with whomever you please, regardless of your class or kit.
    thanks, what about alignment wise? do I have to be evil to keep Hexxat?
    thanks, what about alignment wise? do I have to be evil to keep Hexxat?
  • djenindjenin Member Posts: 10
    She doesn't have any requirements to be able to join your party, she will however only romance a female CHARNAME (most likely human, elf, half-elf).
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    any alignment can be ok, just have to watch reputation getting too high if you have evil NPC's (or low with good)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    The shadow thieves don't care if you are evil.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Hexxat works just fine actually doesn't seem evil at all in my party of female Charname, viconia, jaheira, imoen, neera and hexxat...

She also won't leave you for rep if you are in her romance.

You can't side with bodhi as a thief though to avoid your losing your stronghold.
    thanks, do I have to side with Bodhi to have Hexxat as vampire?
    kryptix said:

Hexxat works just fine actually doesn't seem evil at all in my party of female Charname, viconia, jaheira, imoen, neera and hexxat...

She also won't leave you for rep if you are in her romance.

You can't side with bodhi as a thief though to avoid your losing your stronghold.

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Is it true that you can't go with Bodhi if you have the thief stronghold? I'd heard that was a thing... Logical too IMO.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    You have to side with the thieves to get the stronghold, at which point, it is too late to side with Bodhi.
  • RingoRingo Member Posts: 39
    I'm playing a F/T right now. I ultimately chose to side with Aran, but I tried to accept Bodhi's offer a few times for laugh and then load the autosave. I was suprised to see that she would let me join as a thief, before and after getting the thief stronghold.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    She should let you join her if you're any kind of multiclass thief- it's just pure thieves she doesn't like. (if you're dual/classed in to a thief, and only have thief levels active, I think she also won't let you join.)

I don't think she's supposed to let you join if you hate the thieves stronghold, though. Seems sort of stupid of her.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Hexxat won't get along with quite a few good party members. There are some threads here discussing this at length.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    And IMO, it makes no sense for said party members to tolerate her behavior/feeding habits.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    If you don't have Aerie, Hexxat never discusses her feeding habits with anyone else. I hear she fights with Mazzy but its resolvable and you can rerecruit Mazzy with high CHA, and Keldorn makes you choose after a week or so together. Anomen I believe fights as well but I hate that guy...

None of the neutrals fight with her, neither does Neera. Rasaad doesn't approve of your romance with her though. Other than that she's been fine with everyone I think.