Skip to content

How do I kill Ruhk Transmuter?

All my spells and weapons are ineffective. I have been fighting him for about 15 minutes now (in game time, real life 15 battles).

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    You probably need a higher enchantment on your weapons. What ones are you currently using?
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    He's also immune to spells of level 7 and below I think. Is this the one at the start of the Windspear Dungeon? 'Cos I've never had trouble with him.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Like others have mentioned you need at least +2 weapons to hit him and spells that are higher than level 7.
  • FatboyNastyFatboyNasty Member Posts: 3
    yeah I only have one +2 weapons. I got a +2 longbow and +2 sling but they have no effect as well.
    Does it have to be the projectiles themselves?
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Yes it has to be the projectiles.
  • FatboyNastyFatboyNasty Member Posts: 3
    the +2 weapon that I have that does hit him is a short sword.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    CTRL+Y

Or if you want to be a little bit more legal..

C:CreateItem("KILLSW01")
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    As someone who spent at least half an hour with a level 8/9 party attempting to kill him last night with SCS; my answer is "with great difficulty and lots of cheese".

I had no breach or anything to remove his protections, because of the SCS inquisitor nerf keldorn couldn't do anything with dispel, so i basically had to send in skellies to waste some of his spells, then repeatedly run outside when he chucked spells at me. Once his fireshields eventually wore off (multiple times), i just had everyone whack him. Even then it took ages because he had at least 4 stoneskins.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    @FatBoyNasty
    How to put it...if you can't kill HIM, you shouldn't be there in the first place :P
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Generally, it's best to do the quests in Athkatla before heading out to the various dungeons. This will usually net you a few +2 weapons and maybe even a +3 or two.

There are a number of enemies ingame that are immune to either normal weapons, +1 or below, +2 or below or +3 or below weapons. It can be useful to pick up items like the +3 axe (stonefire from the Copper Coronet), +4 Staff of Rhynn (Adventurer's mart) or similar to deal with these at low level, before you find a bunch in dungeons.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Yes, there should be a bunch of golems there (stone, iron, clay) and they will not be as forgiving as Ruhk (they hit much harder).
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    With Swords! Not words!

Worst case, Watcher's Keep and grab Foebane, that'll work.