Skip to content

Valygar-Neera chats?

I read that there are some entertaining chats between Valygar and Neera. However, I've had them both in my party for a while now (since about halfway through Chapter 3; I'm presently in Chapter 5, the Underdark), and I can't recall any significant interaction between them. (Neera says something about the Planar Sphere upon entering it, but it's not directed at Valygar.)

Valygar and Mazzy, on the other hand, have had a few amusing conversations (it's definitely worth it to have both of them in your party!). Rasaad has had one chat with Mazzy (about paladin hood and race) as well. There have been a few other remarks (Valygar and Imoen on magic), but nothing involving specifically Valygar and Neera.

Perhaps these chats are triggered by specific locations or events? If so, does anyone know any such triggers?

Comments

• victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    edited January 2014
    I don't think its all that funny, but in my last run, I had an ongoing conversation (with intervals in between) where Valygar was questioning Neera about why she was using magic knowing that at any time she could loose control with very dire consequences. Not sure if it reached its conclusion before the start of ToB (at which time I switched out Valygar for Sarevok).

I think I may have to try a run with Mazzy (never really used her).
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    I've had one where Valygar's basically a huge jerk to Neera, and Keldorn interjects to comfort her if he's there. I don't think there was any specific trigger...
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    I've had Neera and Valygar in my group for most of my game, and they've only had one conversation, where I had to interject and tell Valygar to cool down a bit. I would have expected and wanted more of the same, because they are clearly the kind of characters who you'd think would have a lot of argue about.

I could see it going both ways, either them being able to get along in the end, or not. Unlike, say, Keldorn and Viconia, who I can see arguing a lot and ultimately fighting; there's really no other option there, given Keldorn's stubborn paladinhood.

I've got to say that Valygar is one well-written character. His pain, his anguish, his brooding attitude. The one thing he lacks is his sense of humour bursting through somewhere. Or does it? With some specific NPC? I'm not sure if I've ever had Jan and Valygar in the same party.

(I don't have Jan with me this time. Got to say I miss him.)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 903

I've got to say that Valygar is one well-written character. His pain, his anguish, his brooding attitude. The one thing he lacks is his sense of humour bursting through somewhere. Or does it? With some specific NPC?

@xzar_monty: You should have Valygar and Mazzy in the same party. Mazzy decides to appoint Valygar as her 'squire', and Valygar grudgingly goes along.