Skip to content

Soft xp cap removal

LowkiLowki Member Posts: 31
In the old days with BG1 Tutu, the xp cap was 161000, just like now. But when importing to BGII, the extra xp points beyond the earned amount was added, not much, just 40000 or something, depending on thoroughness. It might have been a bug but i liked that, because reaching the xp cap in BG1 is almost unavoidable, and the game beyond that sort of looses its point now that we've got BGII to import characters to. If this was to be implemented I think that the overall enjoyment of playing BG1 increases, since your actions affect your character in BGII, a little at least. In terms of balance... well 30000 - 50000 extra xp will do a little difference sure, but reaching the xp cap in BGII and TOB is very much harder, and it will depend on the playthrough of BG1, so in a sense it is up to you.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You could just use one of the available mods to remove the exp cap altogether (and if you're fearful that extra levels will make you too powerful in BG1, just refrain from leveling up). That way all your exp will transfer to BG2.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014
    With regard to the OP this is already in BGEE. You can gain experience past the max of 161,000 and it will be recorded for when you import into BG2EE.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Ah, even better.
  • LowkiLowki Member Posts: 31
    Really, when was this implemented? It was a while since i imported anyone to BGII
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Not sure to be honest but it is in the game.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    This was evident for me after completing the Black Pits, then importing my character into BG2EE. Starting as a level 13 Sorcerer with about 1.13 million EXP was a welcome surprise!
  • LowkiLowki Member Posts: 31
    Noice