Skip to content

Can this door be opened?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    As I recall I tend to be left with one shadow barrier remaining (the one that can be bypassed obviously) and 0 light gems, so don't think so.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AcridSyphilisAcridSyphilis Member Posts: 129
    i don't think so either and it's irritating, especially since that dungeon makes you backtrack all over.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I tried many times, and I could never open it.
    It's quite irritating.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499

i don't think so either and it's irritating, especially since that dungeon makes you backtrack all over.

How so? I find it fairly linear unless you want to go talk to the statue again after killing the Shade Lord.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    You need to go back to deal with the consequences of confronting Bodhi the second time as well...
    enqenq said:

How so? I find it fairly linear unless you want to go talk to the statue again after killing the Shade Lord.
    If you don't do it throughly and forget a light gem, or didn't find all of the pieces to the circle thingie, or even just after killing the shade lord, you aren't able to just go out to the forest, even though you're practically there unless you ctrl-j. You have to get back inside, walk past the dragon part, and then through the dungeon again. Also, if you are dating a vanilla bg2 romance option you have to go back.

I guess it's just really frustrating to me knowing that door won't open even though there's no reason it shouldn't.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    I can't help you with forgetting where things are :P but you can exit off the Temple Ruins map after slaying the Shade Lord. No need to go through the dungeon again. Cursor should go somewhere southeast of the little battlefield if memory serves.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited January 2014
    You can open it with bg 2 tweak pack: remove traps and locks. I'm playing with that option at the moment and korgan just forced open the door lol.

I think I'm misremembering but I seem to remember opening it somehow in vanilla. But I am most likely mistaken.

This door is very annoying, especially if u are a ranger with a love interest.
    enqenq said:

I can't help you with forgetting where things are :P but you can exit off the Temple Ruins map after slaying the Shade Lord. No need to go through the dungeon again. Cursor should go somewhere southeast of the little battlefield if memory serves.

next time i'm in the area i'll look for it, i spent more time than i should looking for it and could never find it but i guess i was looking more westward than eastward.
    cool thanks