Skip to content

how do you transfer you install from one pc to the other.

I just bought a new system. How do you put BG EE from one to the other

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    To transfer your save games and portrait/voice customisation, you need to copy the "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition" directory from "Documents" in your user account.

If you want to avoid downloading again the game, provided you bought it from Beamdog and you used the standalone client to download it, you can just copy the complete installation directory, "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition", wherever you choose to install it on the old computer. You can choose whatever directory you want on the new computer. I would suggest avoiding C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86) though because it's protected by Windows.
    Next time you want to update the game, run the BGEE.exe client in "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition" and provide your Beamdog account data to connect.
    To run the game without going though the BGEE.exe client, make a shortcut on Baldur.exe in the "Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766" directory.

If you copy the installation folder, you also need to copy and install OALinst.exe on the new computer. You can find it in C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenAL on your old computer ( (or C:\Program Files, if it runs a 32 bit Windows).

Maybe this also works if you used the Beamdog client to download the game, but I don't know how to do it.