Skip to content

Nalia attacks Aerie for no reason

Expected Behavior: Nalia doesn't attack Aerie when running on thief scout AI in the middle of a battle.

Observed Behavior: Nalia, after the death of the initial user defined target, begins shooting her short bow at Aerie without command from the player. I haven't the fondest idea why. I will try a different AI to see if it is because of that. For reference, Aeire is in team positions 5 and Nalia is in team position 6. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Comments

• RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Just some idle thoughts: is there any chance that Aerie launched an area attack that wounded Nalia? I've sometimes seen that result in this behavior, even in vanilla BG2. (And also sometimes allies will attack each other even after a charm spell has worn off on one or the other, though I'm assuming that charm spells are not involved in your case.)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    One of the things I've seen is that a character that is charmed or in someway taken out of combat will continue to do what they were doing before being charmed after the disable ends. I've had Dorn take out several friendly targets (this happens in BG:EE as well) because they've charmed/disabled him, the combat has ended in a peaceful scenario, Dorn goes off disable and attacks the target that had charmed him, killing a peaceful target.

And yes, I've had this happen with allies as well.
  • daemonblade1229daemonblade1229 Member Posts: 12
    Hm, perhaps color spray? Aerie is quite trigger happy with it. But I don't see the behavior from other characters, just Nalia.

And I am not sure if there was a point where Nalia was charmed, or that may be glitching. I ended up dropping her from the party and am trying Hexxat for now, so it's not negatively effecting me at the moment.