Skip to content

Help with Hexxat conflicts in good party.

eldirayeldiray Member Posts: 1
I'm trying to experience all the new romances in one playthrough (as well as the Aerie romance which I never got around to doing before) and so I thought I'd shove Hexxat, Neera and Aerie all in one party - using the tweakpack to enable multiple concurrent romances - with my Kensage pc, with Keldorn and Valygar.

I have now realised that Hexxat can't stay in this party without Keldorn or other good NPCs giving me "me or her" ultimatums, even after I installed the Tweakpack that disables NPC in-fighting.

After searching the forums and realising there's no current solution to this problem, I'm left with

1. Trying to figure out some kind of hack/work-around. However I do not want to disable Keldorns banters (it's my first time using him in a playthrough and I kinda like him). I have EEKeeper but I have no idea which variables if any can disable him complaining about Hexxat specifically.

2. Suck it up and lose Hexxat for a later evil party playthrough. IN WHICH CASE I'm at a loss for who to pick as a thief... I certainly don't want Yoshimo coz I've used him and he's a bastard. I don't particularly like the idea of using Jan or Nalia because I have basically 3 mages on the team already and the idea of managing the spells of 4 mages seems kinda troublesome.

Is there some kind of combination of tweaks that I can use to turn Mazzy into a multi class or dual class thief? (I haven't used her before and would like to try if I can get thief abilities on her).

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You can work around the Keldorn-Hexxat conflict by editing the trigger points for it out of their script and dialogue files, but that isn't recommended unless you have some experience.

Also, I don't think the tweak pack's romance component is adapted to Hexxat and Neera yet (just like it won't affect their NPC conflicts), meaning it probably won't remove the romance conflicts they're involved in.

As for Mazzy, she's technically a fighter so you could for instance make her a fighter/thief with EE Keeper without it dramatically affecting the way she plays.. even though it would be kind of at odds with her disposition.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited January 2014
    It's quite easy to turn Mazzy into a fighter thief with EE keeper; Just change her class to fighter thief. You will probably want to subtract some HP from her as when you load the game she will level up 8 or so levels of thief.

Also if u want to stay within the multiclass weapon prof. limitations, subtract 3 pips from shortbow in EE keeper and assign them to other weapons. If that doesn't bother you ignore that step.

Alternatively using the tweakpack you can dual class her to thief if you temporarily raise her STR to 17 with EE keeper (or consoled STR tomes).

Note that it won't make a lick of sense for her to be a thief from a roleplaying stance, but she is nevertheless quite a talented one if editted. Basically Alora on steroids.

Hexxat simply doesn't work in good parties from my experience. Also she only romances females, not sure if the tweakpack component affects that yet.
    Post edited by ReadingRambo on
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    My hexxat has 19 cha from lum the mad and she is one sexy lady :)...

She doesn't work with aerie or keldorn and I think has a glitchy conflict with mazzy though.

If you need a thief, rush spellhold for imoen.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    eldiray said:

I'm trying to experience all the new romances in one playthrough (as well as the Aerie romance which I never got around to doing before) and so I thought I'd shove Hexxat, Neera and Aerie all in one party

Hexxat is only romancable for female charnames (assuming you're playing a male since you mentioned Aerie and Neera).

From what I've heard and experienced personally, Hexxat will cause conflicts that cause someone to leave with Keldorn, Anomen, Aerie (possibly only in ToB?), and Mazzy.