Skip to content

Dragonshape

LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
Hi — I already tried getting some help through gibberlings3 forums but no one there responds to my problem.

Here it is:

"I decided to recreate the Dragonshape spell/ability — spell known to be used by Tabra (apprentice to Ioulaum, the most powerful spellcaster in Faerun for those who are not that interested in FR lore). I decided to use Elemental Transformation HLA as my base ability since I didn't master the program yet to do it on my own.

Now — I managed to change the shape to a Silver Dragon. I managed to give her claw attacks. I even managed to give her innate ability to change back to human form since apparently it wasn't part of the package.

What I can't understand is — why, using the parameter to give Innate Ability, I cannot give her breath weapon? Or how to do it?

How to give her Dragon spellcasting abilities (they have some) and immunities? Furthermore, what is interesting, the Elemental Transformation (Fire or Earth) seems to be removing some innate abilities which kind of confuses me (the parameters point to weird spells/abilities). I don't know why.

I don't expect anyone here to understand what I'm saying since I'm a newbie with this program and I probably explained it poorly, but to put it simple:

I just want a HLA like Elemental Transformation but with a Silver Dragon and Silver Dragon abilities (THAC0, AC, attack numbers and so on)."

If someone could help me with that — or with making it a wizard 10th level spell — I would be very grateful :)

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    It depends on how you've set your spell up. If you post it here I can take a look. The dragon spellcasting abilities will depend on the .CRE file you use for the dragon, and immunities are usually conveyed by an item. You could also modify the .CRE to have the immunities you want.

Imo a good reference spell to look at for this kind of thing is the 9th level arcane spell shapechange.

As for 10th level spells they are treated as 9th level spells by the game - that is really what they are, the difference being that they are added through the HLA menu rather than found as scrolls. To add your dragonshape spell to the HLA list you'd have to add it to the LUxxx.2DA file for the class/kit you're using - like the wizard kit files are named LUMA0 through LUMA8.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    Probably better suited as innate ability for the Druid, but actually level 9 "shapechange" wizard spell should allow caster to transform into dragon at the expense of crown worth 5,000 gp.