Skip to content

So who is going to play as a blackguard and what are your goals with him/her?

2»

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    hmmm did they add the option of raping, pilliaging and looting? or maybe having sacficial virgins offered up to you at set intervials? until then, i don't see much reason to play an evil char
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Sceptenar said:

Definitely going to play a blackguard at some point. The goal of course is to claim what is rightfully mine, to become the lord of murder incarnate.

I've always preferred to play my evil characters as being the types who read the tale of Jergal, God of the End of Everything, and how Bane, Bhaal, and Myrkul got their powers from him, and decided that ultimate power just wasn't the way to go. Godhood binds you in more ways than it frees you.

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited August 2012
    And what's the reason to play a good character @Bjjorick?

Ps: Pillage and looting is done by good and evil characters, with very few exceptions (some in BG itself) most of RPGs don't account when you steal someone house, you enter and say "sorry, wrong house" and instead of leaving you just clean the entire house, even paladins have no consequence to this, just be nice and you can steal anything.

@Schneidend, in D&D universe, godhood is simple a consequence for power. If main char wasn't a bhaalspawn on the end of BG2/ToB, he would surely be already on the level of a minor deity or something like that, so all he would need was to open a church or find a way to ppl notice and focus his mind on him (fear, love, respect, hate...etc...). The powerful beings that are not linked to a god nature are indeed special ones (lady of pain for example).
    @kamuizin well, when i play a good char, i play a good char. I don't steal from the blind widow that'll be dead tomorrow from age or orc assault. I will seek to help her. There are rules in place in the game, but there are rules (read:laws) in place in the real world but it doesn't stop people from bending them (politicians, bankers, managers, etc) to breaking them (politicians, bankers, managers, criminals, etc). So the choice becomes one of moral. do i take the loop hole even though i know i can get away with it?

What's the old saying about what you do when no one is looking is who you truely are?

But yeah, give me the option to be an awesome bad guy, and have people quake in fear before me, and pay tribute to me, and i'll do a playthough of it. But that's all my conscience will allow.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    If you want to truly feel evil cast a death spell into a crowd of people. Ahhh the good ol days...
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    No one is promoting an evil cult here, it's just roleplay dude, the fact someone like evil characters doesn't mean they're evil. I always make a good two shoes play normally on any rpg game i try to better know the game, after that i normally go at least one evil game.
    @xLegionx ooooh, i could mod a spell in game, call it kool aid, maybe 'don't drink the kool-aid', and have it be an instant death spell that functioned kinda like chain lightning. You know, since once the first person drinks, the rest will. Not sure if it's possible, but could make it so that you get a plus 20 reputation boost everytime you cast the spell, so that you can slaughter innocents and disappear, since all you're really doing is handing out drinks.

That sounds like a fun kind of evil. Have to kinda nurf the spell though to make it realistic, as not everyone would stupid enough to drink it. Wonder if i could set it to roll of strictly npc int vs my con for save. A successful roll prevents death but causes horror and an unnatural fear of kool aid.

lol, if you can tell, evil shouldn't be rewarded, it should be praised, but it should be easy and fun. That's in my opinion. I gotta go create a spell real fast. :)
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Hey Bjjorick...I NEED SOME ALE!!! Burp... oh god my chest! WHat? You...You bastard you poisoned me!! GUARDS!!!.....guardies......
    edited August 2012
    ooooh, thank you @xLegionx, i need to make sure it add's silence to the list of effects. but then that takes the joy out of instant death, perhaps i should make it a deals 1d8 dmg every 3 seconds for 20 seconds, then a last burst of 30d12 5 seconds later. Silence would last for 23 seconds :D

and i could rename the spell to 'Enjoy your ale.'