Skip to content

For fun while we wait...(Possible SPOILERS, you have been warned)

MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
edited January 2014 in Android (Archive)
While we wait for the anticipated release onto tablet, I have been pondering what kind of party I would like to run for my next playthrough of BG:EE. If anyone else would like to discuss their parties, please feel free. I was thinking this time I would run a couple of characters I had never used before (hard to believe since I have been playing this game on and off since the 90s, but there it is) so I decided to also run an evil group, something I don't normally do. Here are my choices, let's hear yours!

CharName: Necromancer---Always wanted to run one through to the end, why not now?

Viconia: Cleric---Every time I try to leave, I always come back for more.

Edwin: Wizard---Evil. Best wizard in the game. Enough said.

Shar-Teel: Fighter---crazy girl that picks fights in the woods and I have never played before, why not now?

Tiax: Cleric/thief---He rules all and I have never witnessed his rule.
Until I can get him, probably Dorn: Blackguard

Imoen: Thief/Wizard---I'm sentimental and I have a hard time leaving my childhood friend behind, so she stays.

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Ohh, fun :D
    Like the party you have going there ^^ Seems balanced enough, I like that you dont have that many straight out melee fighters - it is often interesting!

Im thinking about going for a good walkthrough with a sorcerer.

-NG, elf, sorcerer CHARNAME

-The dwarf cleric, cant remember his name >.< - Super cleric/fighter

-Branwen - Super cleric, Might go for the shadowdruid tho (cant remember her name either hehe)

-Garrick - keeps our parties in high spirits with inappropriate singing

-Imoen/Alora - FUN, THIEVING

-Ajantis - Fights evil like there is no tomorrow.

Havent tried out Mr & Mrs Jaheira in one party before, so I might want to make room for them... Neither have I tried Ajantis properly. I might switch him out for Minsc tho, and I am also thinking about trying Coran as a thief - But I dont want too many fighters... I also want a few women in the party too. Hard to choose.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    edited January 2014

Ohh, fun :D
    Like the party you have going there ^^ Seems balanced enough, I like that you dont have that many straight out melee fighters - it is often interesting!

Im thinking about going for a good walkthrough with a sorcerer.

-NG, elf, sorcerer CHARNAME

-The dwarf cleric, cant remember his name >.< - Super cleric/fighter

-Branwen - Super cleric, Might go for the shadowdruid tho (cant remember her name either hehe)

-Garrick - keeps our parties in high spirits with inappropriate singing

-Imoen/Alora - FUN, THIEVING

-Ajantis - Fights evil like there is no tomorrow.

Havent tried out Mr & Mrs Jaheira in one party before, so I might want to make room for them... Neither have I tried Ajantis properly. I might switch him out for Minsc tho, and I am also thinking about trying Coran as a thief - But I dont want too many fighters... I also want a few women in the party too. Hard to choose.

@Aristillius I remember playing with Branwen once, but besides Imoen I haven't played with any of the rest of them! It's funny how I've kinda gotten used to the ones I liked and that was that. I got used to playing with Jaheira, Kalid, Minsc, Imoen, and Dynahier because I played good characters most of the time and that party just seemed to work most of the time
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    @Mythrialus, I'm the same got used to a few and played good characters.

This first play through will be my first BG play through for what must be reaching 5 years and so it will be a nostalgic return to the Sword Coast, therefore a nostalgic team will be required:

(Charname) Nadriel: half-elf ranger (the first to ever defeat Sarevok)
    Imoen (hey-ya)
    Jaheria
    khalid
    Minsc
    Dynahier (who I've never been a massive fan of, but got to have Minsc)
    @Dice42 That was usually my classic group because it was just so solid. I played a non magic user a lot so CHARNAME, Kalid, and Minsc would usually take point while Jahiera, Imoen, and Dynahier pelted them from a distance. Lots of good memories with that crew. Have fun on the Coast!
  • Viconia_DeVirViconia_DeVir Member Posts: 80

At least you won't be disappointed.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

In any way. She is one of the most fulfilling characters.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    my next playthrough other than my f/t in single and multi player would probably be

cleric or fighter/cleric dual/multi of some kind (undecided, but a cleric)
    Imoen
    Jaheira
    Khalid
    Minsc
    Neera

then in BG2

Jaheira
    Yoshimo/Imoen
    Minsc
    Nalia
    Jan

i basically have a thing for consistancy and use a lot of returning characters. I would have likely said Viconia, but the plan was to get a huge amount of wisdom for extra spells in high levels. I understand it is possible to get 25 by the end to get an extra 7th level. Jaheira I can't seem to ever drop because I like doing the harper hold content. this also usually make her the romance. i also haven't played many times through yet getting into the games about 3 years ago or something like that so I never tried Nalia or Jan. I want to try them. Thought a bit about keldorn, mazzy, and rasaad as well. thing about rasaad is I find monks extremely boring so although I like his character it will be hard for me to find a game to take him in.
    I am tempted to try Neera, but this will require Dynahier meeting with an awful accident...

@Viconia_DeVir Who would be? ;)
    @Dice42 I actually liked Neera a lot in BG:EE, she was fun! Granted the Wild Magic made me have to reload a time or two, but it did keep things interesting! lol
  • Viconia_DeVirViconia_DeVir Member Posts: 80
    @Mythrialus I couldn't say! Even the most lurid imaginings are but a pale shadow of my true decadence.

@Mythrialus I couldn't say! Even the most lurid imaginings are but a pale shadow of my true decadence.

@Viconia_DeVir Dont worry, as soon as we get past the Beta I, and I'm sure many others, will be anxious to get lost in those lurid shadows
    I think most of use will be lost in the lurid shadows of our rooms, lying on beds, sitting on settees not realising we've been playing on our tablet for 12 hours straight.
    I've already accepted that I will have no life once this finally comes out haha
    Dice42 said:

I think most of use will be lost in the lurid shadows of our rooms, lying on beds, sitting on settees not realising we've been playing on our tablet for 12 hours straight.
    I've already accepted that I will have no life once this finally comes out haha

@Dice 42 That reminds me of what happened when Legacy of Kain: Defiance came out. I pretty much didn't come out of my dorm room for a week and skipped most of my classes, lol.
    Lets try and break Google Play haha
    Dice42 said:

Lets try and break Google Play haha

@Dice42 That would be awesome so long as it breaks AFTER we have all downloaded it, :-)
    @Mythrialus haha fair point